2003/2004 NHL Season - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2003, 07:59 PM   #391
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:04 PM
Do they need any brochures printed in the USA?

We have tickets to see the Penguins when they come here to play. It's one of the only games we'll see in person this year.

Old 11-20-2003, 08:01 PM   #392
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Local Time: 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
See, this is what happens when you don't reply to my e-mails anymore - I have to become a detective of sorts to find out what's going on with you!
I know........... I feel bad. And then I start quarrels online with you over hockey. But it's not my problem you don't know everything. hee hee I write you soon!

Old 11-21-2003, 08:31 AM   #393
ONE
love, blood, life

in-fighting amongst the Canuck contingency could not be good.

LEMON PIE.....Any tickets for games, say, around Dec. 10-13?
Old 11-21-2003, 11:46 AM   #394
Rock n' Roll Doggie

hey Zoneman, tickets are hard to come by. I was actually checking Ticketbastard last night and was only able to find standing room only tickets for one game out of the zillion that I checked on. No seat available for any games. If you are interested in going to a game, I can check around to see if I can obtain some, but don't hold your breath.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:59 PM   #395
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angel

I know........... I feel bad. And then I start quarrels online with you over hockey. But it's not my problem you don't know everything. hee hee I write you soon!
Suuuure, you will.

I suppose I'll just sit here an lament over it for the rest of my days... until one day, maybe one day, my darling Angel, you will return that e-mail. Until then, I simply cannot bare to think of it. It is unspeakable! Look away, look away...
Old 11-22-2003, 10:52 AM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:04 PM
its kind of sad that these games wont be on tv in the united states

im sure it would have gotten a lot of casual fans to watch, and maybe convert them into fans, but once again bettman has failed a golden opportunity to promote the sport
Old 11-22-2003, 11:49 AM   #397
Elvis' Naughty Angel

If you are lucky we might tell you all about it.

I am really excited! It is going to be super. I was watching some news on it last night and it was hilarious to see the players interviewed about the cold... they thought the worst would be their hands and feet but one guy observed: it's the equipment. It freezes and makes it impossible to catch a puck. lol Reminds me of the movie "Mystery Alaska". Today will be great. It will put a little punch back into the sport of hockey.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:38 PM   #398
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
its kind of sad that these games wont be on tv in the united states

im sure it would have gotten a lot of casual fans to watch, and maybe convert them into fans, but once again bettman has failed a golden opportunity to promote the sport
What? Are you serious? I heard it was going to be broadcast all across the US, and that it was gaining huge hype down there, too. Weird..
Old 11-22-2003, 01:44 PM   #399
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel
If you are lucky we might tell you all about it.

I am really excited! It is going to be super. I was watching some news on it last night and it was hilarious to see the players interviewed about the cold... they thought the worst would be their hands and feet but one guy observed: it's the equipment. It freezes and makes it impossible to catch a puck. lol Reminds me of the movie "Mystery Alaska". Today will be great. It will put a little punch back into the sport of hockey.
Yeah, they were talking to the active NHL teams that were playing after the alumni game, and they were saying they wouldn't be blocking any shots since the puck would be MUCH harder due to the freezing temperatures! I think the goalies will fare the worst. This is one game where they probably *want* to get a lot of shots so they can move around! The teams will probably play the trap just to piss them off, haha.

This should be an amazing game. I wish I didn't have to work today. I'll tape it, but it's never the same.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #400
Blue Crack Distributor

I've heard a ton about the Heritage Classic this week, and plan on watching it tonight on CBC.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:53 PM   #401
Elvis' Naughty Angel

Quote:
I think the goalies will fare the worst. This is one game where they probably *want* to get a lot of shots so they can move around! The teams will probably play the trap just to piss them off, haha.
For sure! Sorry you have to work Griffith's. If it's any consellation... the only Canucks games I usually get televised are on Saturday nights at 10pm... so I tape those. It'll become my Sunday morning winter ritual to watch my team play. The only crap thing about living in the East so far.... no Nucks. Oh! except for Tuesday. Centre ice... Air Canada section, Bell Centre. I'll be the only one in the Vancouver Jersey. heh heh Can't wait.
Old 11-22-2003, 02:04 PM   #402
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

What? Are you serious? I heard it was going to be broadcast all across the US, and that it was gaining huge hype down there, too. Weird..
well if there has been hype ive missed it, i really havent heard much at all about the game up until the past couple days

and most of the little talk i have heard about it is how stupid it is that its not on tv

the only way you can get it in the us is if you have a satellite dish and can get cbc
Old 11-22-2003, 04:31 PM   #403
Blue Crack Distributor

I get CBC without a satellite dish.
Old 11-22-2003, 04:43 PM   #404
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

the only placei've heard anything about it is on here...and that doesn't count. tv tells me nothing.

apparently it's too important for ESPN2 to air poker games. and i know college football is huge, but i don't care about football. sure, i felt the same way about hockey last year, but now that i've changed my mind i can be all grouchy about it right?

as for CBC, i don't even know what that is but i'm sure here you'd need a satelite dish for it, unlike larrymullen'spopangel's illegal-sounding flirtatoius wink there...
Old 11-22-2003, 05:35 PM   #405
Elvis' Naughty Angel

This is great!