2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what happened to the "Mighty" Ducks this year? They seem to be sitting in the basement.

I'm not unzipping anything of griffey's...

besides, I remember it... and the url says nazz...slundpsgoal.zip at the end.

Hmm... Rocket Science reveal your mysteries!

Yes, I'm being quite the ass.

:up:

I was merely giving you a clue you could comprehend. We don't want you puzzling over mysteries you can't ever solve, afterall... :wink:

Back to being serious - How many players would try a move like that on a penalty shot and get away with it? Not too many these days. I'm so glad the Canucks have Nazzy.

More like poor guy because he plays for Calgary....poor guy.

I'm only kidding, the only team I dislike is New Jersey.

Richard Park's shot was a little different. He just twirled his stick blade for second or two and then went left. Naslund went back and forth several times before dangling to the right and finally put it in on the left. It's more a Lemieux type of goal than Park's.

Man, that was a heartbreaking Vancouver loss tonight. They outshot San Jose 38-19, and then in the final minute of regulation time, Linden (of all people) gave the puck away in his own zone to Patrick Marleau, who let a quick shot go from the hashmarks and beat Cloutier to the far corner. After such a hard fought game, it's a painful loss. Everyone in the building was in shock. I feel bad for Linden especially, as he's such a warrior and a leader, and is having such a great year. He puts in 100% every night, and makes peanuts. (He loves Vancouver so much, he signs for practically anything. Management knows this and uses it as a bargaining chip, but he doesn't seem to mind.) First team Canada loses this morning, and now Vancouver loses tonight. It has not been a good day for the Griff. :sad:

Last edited:
owen nolan had his second eye surgery today.

within only the maple leafs realm over the past 4 or 5 years bryan berard, mats sundin and owen nolan have suffered life-changing injuries or near life-changing injuries involving the eye...off the top of my head.
the name escapes me (im sure it doesnt escape mcgriff) but a canuck has limited vision in one eye as a result of a puck i believe.

so, is it time for mandatory visors on incoming players?

Mattias Ohlund.

Yeah, I thought they should grandfather the visor in, like the league did with imposing helmets. Stubborn old bastards like MacTavish didn't want to have to change the way they played the game (with regards to helmets), and I don't think veterans of the NHL would accept such an adjustment to their games with respect to face shields (of any variety). Although, I do oppose the neon transparent orange visor that Eric Weinrich seems to think is fashionable. Almost as bad as Darryl Sydor wearing the football face guard attachment on his helmet...

:down:

PS- I somewhat feel responsible for many maple leaf injuries... having been witness to both Bryan Berard's and Doug Gilmour's final full outings with the Leafs.

Face shields will become mandetory; it's only a matter of time. More and more players are using them, even so called "tough" players. Even Mike Keane, who's never used one his entire career, is finally waking up and smelling the coffee, and is using one. And he's a tough guy. That's the thing people have to realize. Wearing a visor is not for "pansies" or whatever; they're for people with half a brain. This is the eyes we're talking about, a delicate instrument we all need for the rest of our lives. It's not about how tough you are.

I hate to bring up Gretzky (well, no I don't :wink: ), but even he said he would have worn a visor if he started playing today. The reason he didn't is because he was so used to not wearing one ever since childhood (they didn't even have face shields or full cages for kids back in those days). The Gretzky "look" was the Jofa helmet, and he never did switch over. He thinks it was stupid of him, looking back, and he's right. Luckily for him, he got away with it, but not everyone does.

Pinball Wizard said:

PS- I somewhat feel responsible for many maple leaf injuries... having been witness to both Bryan Berard's and Doug Gilmour's final full outings with the Leafs.

i was at the corel center for berards fateful nite. i and my friends all feel responsible (it involves a crank phone call to the ottawa westin room of berard and gary valk, a fabricated story of berards unrequited love affair with one of my floormates at sharkys bar in toronto and a lot of drinks)

I would vote for the grandfathering in of the visor...if some players don't want to change...let them take the chance.

The eye injury does scare me everytime I hear about (or see) them happening, and I think that the visor should be used more that it is now...but like Cujo said, there are some "cranks" out there that will never want to touch one....until they get injured that is.

Players who don't wear eye visors are idiots. I can't imagine going out there without something over my eyes. :no:

I can understand not liking the "fishbowl" effect of them, but older players who have started wearing them say they are much better than they used to be.

I got sick *reading* the description of Bryan Berard's injury. I've never seen one in person. Milan Hejduk (who's always worn a visor) was slashed near the eye and there was so much blood, everyone thought he'd gotten it in the eye...it was horrible, but luckily just an ugly cut.

one time lemonpie and i were at a game and we saw a guy get smacked in the eye-area with a puck that deflected off of i think gaborik's slapshot (maybe dupuis, either way - a fast moving piece of rubber). the guy just fell to the ground so fast...there was blood around his face while he was lying there- i've never seen so much blood from an injury in my whole life. they couldn't even clean it all up there was so much...it makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it now.

either way, yes, eye visors are good smack.

not to mention al macinnis' career is over due to an eye injury

and now barret jackman is out for the year due to shoulder surgery

that was our top defensive pair last year, the blues are seriously cursed. whats funny is blues fans are used to devestating things like this now, their plane could go down tomorrow and we'd just be like ok, now what. actually thats more sad then funny.

about face shields, people say fighters cant wear them, but why couldnt they just take off their helmets like they take off their gloves, so thats silly.

Yeah, that is silly. When they fight, the helmets generally come off anyway because they wear them so loose, so that's just a dumb excuse.

Did anyone catch Daniel Sedin's goal tonight? I know he's a Canuck and all, but you guys should seriously check it out on the highlights of the night tonight. It was very Gretzky-esque. Quite incredible, whether you're a Canucks fan or not. I honestly didn't think he had it in him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom