2003/2004 NHL Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bryan berard's movement on my girlfriend was thwarted by...my girlfriend.
she was not cognizant of who he was at the time (or much else) until informed of the nature of the advancer by a friend.

Martin Skoula's move on me...will happen in the future. :sexywink:

6 game winless streak! Time to bagskate the Hershey recalls, Granato!

Last edited:
Alright then.

The Maple Leafs are on a roll, and couldn't sit any prettier... but all those in leafland know that after such a fortuitous start, there usually follows the post-holiday blunder hangover. Seeing defeats to such upstarts as Carolina and losing accuracy competitions to patrons at the game is a mere taste of this rondelle impotency.

So, the question I pose to leaf fans and haters is... will it last this time? Does this team finally have the tools to brave consistency?

I hope so, but my leaf flannel pajamas scream maybe... we won't get into that. Just answer the question damnit. And I'll question the answer...

:sexywink:

the maple leafs havent won a game in regulation for nearly a week. thats terrible.

leafs have as good a shot as anyone else. they are a contender as much as anyone else.
i didnt think it was true and im a big fan but there play (until the weekend) has convinced me.

they have a couple of good tests against the flyers and sens coming up. that will be a good measure. i wouldnt be surprised if they go off on another mini streak now though. say 5 or 6 games unbeaten-that type of thing.

true contenders (no particular order)
east: new jersey, toronto, ottawa, philadelphia.
west: colorado, vancouver, st louis, detroit

i dont know why, but im not buying detroits act this year.
calgary is making a good bid for inclusion with their minnesota wild, 2003 act.

Last edited:
Agreed.

However, I think Philly's chances will improve once they solidify a certain position with a certain acquisition.

I thought Calgary had the potential of making the postseason last year, and at the beginning of the season this year I predicted they would. You can only roll snake eyes so many times...

To counter your contenders' list:

East: Toronto, Philadelphia, New Jersey. (for now)
West: St. Louis, Detroit, Vancouver, Colorado.

I think the East is actually just as strong as the West this year. That's right, I said it.

On an unrelated note, it still perplexes me as to why Washington can't put it together... they need another Ron Wilson new year's eve pep talk/Kolzig vezina year (which was complete bullshit if you ask me).

Last edited:
Forsberg taking Cloutier out at the knees...priceless!! :up:

I will treasure that memory forever. I :heart: Foppa!!

And since when is losing your skate edge "unsportsmanlike conduct?" The NHL is long overdue in cleaning up the referee system. :mad:

Actually, the diving call was on Adam Foote--they claimed he dived, which was really bizarre since he was behind his own net and chasing Todd Bertuzzi, with no other Canuck around him...not exactly the time or place a defenseman would take a dive, I would think.

It was obvious to me he lost his skate edge and fell. That's embarressing enough without someone claiming you were taking a dive. Everyone seemed mystified.

:madspit: to the Foppa haters. If he was an Oiler or a Leaf, things would be quite different. I'm not going to comment on whether he dives or not, because it would just come off biased and silly. :sexywink: But I do think that now it's just become a lame ass excuse for the refs not to make obstruction calls. "Oh, old Floppa is at it again. We won't call because he dives." The guy takes some real bashing, as do most of the top forwards in the NHL, and it's easier to turn a blind eye. It takes actual work to make a legitimate call and they don't seem willing to do that. And that's for any team and any player.

It was still sweet to see him take out Cloutier though. :love:

canucks

I get to see the Blackhawks take on the elite fo the elite tomorrow evening! :excited:

Last edited:
Pinball Wizard said:
Alright then.

The Maple Leafs are on a roll, and couldn't sit any prettier... but all those in leafland know that after such a fortuitous start, there usually follows the post-holiday blunder hangover. Seeing defeats to such upstarts as Carolina and losing accuracy competitions to patrons at the game is a mere taste of this rondelle impotency.

So, the question I pose to leaf fans and haters is... will it last this time? Does this team finally have the tools to brave consistency?

I hope so, but my leaf flannel pajamas scream maybe... we won't get into that. Just answer the question damnit. And I'll question the answer...

This is an impossible question. It's like asking if the universe is a myriad of singularities stretching out into absolutes, or if it's riding itself into mirrors of its own infinities... It's a question that neither I, you, or even Red Fisher could possiblly comprehend, let alone take a stab at answering. But given all of this, I will say the Leafs are playing damn fine hockey right now, and seemingly peaking as a collective, while getting some great individual performances from the likes of Roberts, Sundin, and Belfour, among others. That said, it is best to peak in April, not mid season. Make of that what you will... Steven Hawking would do the same, I'm sure...

Hawking wants a piece of you McGriff.

There, there chizip. I've been to a preseason game where Calgary beat the Leafs 8-1.

It was torturific.

:up:

Last edited:
NHL countdown: 12 hours :hyper:

HEy Chizip....is it easy to get Blues tickets? I am thinking of flying down for a game some weekend evening.

Gee. I love tie games. I wish the Wild could have a tie game once in a while. Why win when you can tie? :mad:

zoney! said:
NHL countdown: 12 hours :hyper:

HEy Chizip....is it easy to get Blues tickets? I am thinking of flying down for a game some weekend evening.

yeah its not too bad, usually the cheapest ones (15 dollar range) sell out first so if you cant get those then they are like 30 and on up

Back
Top Bottom