2003/2004 NHL Season - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2003, 11:38 PM   #316
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:44 AM
That's Jacque Lemaire for you though... but, hey, it works for them. The Wild are basically the New Jersey Devils of 7 years ago, minus Brodeur and a great back end (that's what she said ). They wouldn't be as competitive without the trap. It's a shame, really, that this is what has happended to the NHL. It's because the league has so many teams now. Some teams are more watered down than others, and it's these teams that have to rely on the trap to be competitive. You'd think with the likes of Gaborik, Dupuis, Brunette, and some of the speedy guys on the team, they could at least use somewhat of a forecheck. I didn't see more than 1 guy past the hash marks without the puck the entire game against Vancouver. The Canucks send 2 guys in, and they use a deep forecheck, sometimes chasing the guy around the net, trying to cause turnovers. I think the Wild could do some of this themselves, but they would never even try with Lemaire behind the bench.

Old 11-13-2003, 01:34 AM   #317
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Did any one see the goal of the year tonight? Pavel Datsyuk received an incredible breakaway pass from Brett Hull, only to put an even better move on Turco. I won't even try and describe the move, as you really have to see it and get deked out yourself. Watch highlight of the night on whatever sports channel you watch, because this will be it, gauranteed (unless it's ESPN in the States which never shows hockey).

Old 11-13-2003, 01:50 AM   #318
Babyface

Powerhouse? Canucks???? Who'd thunk it!
Old 11-13-2003, 01:56 AM   #319
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:44 AM
it was a great goal, but goodness does turco look terrible this year

he totally was flopping around which made that goal possible
Old 11-13-2003, 02:32 AM   #320
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by voxbox
Powerhouse? Canucks???? Who'd thunk it!
Aye, said Stevie Y.

voxbox, a new hockey fan we have in our midst, I see. From whence doth you cometh?
Old 11-13-2003, 03:29 PM   #321
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Hey Edgeman. It appears that our two teams will be meeting tonight.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:41 PM   #322
Refugee

Wild go down now!
Old 11-14-2003, 12:26 AM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

so did the "elite" canucks

Old 11-14-2003, 01:15 AM   #324
Blue Crack Addict

ugh the blues suck

give up a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period in a span of 45 seconds

ugh

and now tkachuk is gonna join weight in the pressbox with his very own suspension, the blues are the most undisciplined team in the league

we only have 3 scorers to start with, now 2 are out, ugh

yet, with a depleted lineup all year due to injuries and suspensions, the blues are only 2 points behind the almighty canucks with 3, thats right, 3 games in hand
Old 11-14-2003, 03:39 AM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie

What the Blues are doing is quite remarkable indeed. To have constant injury trouble and still be in contention of 1st place is commendable.

As for the Canucks, Mark Crawford should be fired. Yes, you heard right. He totally ripped into Hedberg after their OT loss tonight, saying he was "terrible". WTF? He wasn't great, but he certainly wasn't "terrible". And to make matters worse, the reporters told Hedberg what Crawford had just said, and asked him what he thought about it. This is something that can cause divisions in the team. Crawford also has a thing against Brendan Morrison, despite the fact he's been the Canucks' 3rd best player so far. I've never really liked Crawford that much (I think it has something to do with him not picking Gretzky for the 98 Olympics shootout in the gold medal game), but it appears the players don't like him much either. Who can blame them? I think Ted Nolan would be a GREAT fit for Vancouver. He's a player's coach, and a very effective one at that. I think if the Canucks had a coach they want to play for, they'd be even better.

End of rant.
Old 11-14-2003, 04:16 AM   #326
Refugee

Crawford is an awesome coach...one minor slip is okay.....look at the leafs situation. Tell me which team is worse off now!
Old 11-14-2003, 04:18 AM   #327
Refugee

by the way....if that didn't make any sence...i'm drunk!
Old 11-14-2003, 05:16 AM   #328
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths

On the injury front, I agree with you. However, I don't think it would eliminate the dump and chase style. Don't forget, under the current rules, in order to dump and chase, you have to do it after you cross the red line, otherwise you'll get called for icing (unless the dumping team gets to the puck first, which can make for exciting hockey with fast teams, but I digress...). If there was no touch icing, players would simply dump and chase only once they hit the red line, as they usually do anyway, so it wouldn't change a thing really.
Thanks. Need I remind you that I DO watch hockey?

It wouldn't eliminate dump and chase, but it would decrease the frequency... most icings are the result of either pressure for the opposing team, or a miscued dump and chase rush.

Did you see the real elite team beat the wannabes? eh griffey? Philadelphia indeed.

Looks like the Leafs could use a... goaltender.

Old 11-14-2003, 01:07 PM   #329
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinball Wizard
[B]

Thanks. Need I remind you that I DO watch hockey?

It wouldn't eliminate dump and chase, but it would decrease the frequency...
And I quote: "With no-touch icing the dump and chase style that predominates would become all but obsolete..."

I simply disagree that it would become obsolete. You say "most icings are a result of either pressure for the opposing team, or a miscued dump and chase rush". Why would a no touch icing rule prevent this from happening? Players would be pressured just as much to dump the puck in - probably more so, actually, because the opposition would try and thwart the attack with an automatic icing whistle. Further, players would simply dump and chase as they normally do, but would obvsiouly be extra careful to only do it once they hit the red line, because they would know that no amount of speed from the wingers would curtail it.

If I'm totally misunderstanding you (which is possible), let me know, but if I understood correctly, I have to disagree with you.
Old 11-14-2003, 05:47 PM   #330
Rock n' Roll Doggie