2 Movies to Avoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2live

The Fly
In the Bedroom is on top ten lists, but why? Its sooo slow, and soooo boring. When we went into the theater, a woman stopped another woman who was a friend of hers and said "hey, wait, don't go to that, its so boring." The morality of it sucks also.

Another one that is so boring, and so slow, plus makes you absolutely freeze, is The Shipping News. Nothing goes on in it at all, and certainly nothing any of us would care about. They are all so cold, that you get really cold.

Ha! Because in this movie, they are never in the bedroom, no one ever is. Its a couple of middle-aged men who talk through 3/4 of it.

[This message has been edited by U2live (edited 12-31-2001).]

How could any movie called "In The Bedroom" be boring?

------------------
Look what you did, you little JERK!

Kevin! You're such a disease!

A movie that is not boring is "The Royal Tenembaums". It is the one with Gene Hackman, Ben Stiller, Gwyneth Paltrow, etc. It is really funny. It is from the same writer/director of Rushmore which is also good!!!

One to see-well, I really loved it-'A Beautiful Mind'.

Oscar worthy acting from Russell Crowe, in my opinion-and a captivating story, based on the life of John Nash. He is a brilliant mathematician who also had schizophrenia. He overcame it enough to win the Nobel Prize for Economics in 1994.

I loved the Royal Tennenbaums. Did anyone else feel like they were watching an adaption of an unknown John Irving novel when they saw it? Gwynneth Paltrow's relationship with her brother, her failed and self-destructive affairs and his obsession with her were very reminiscent of an Irving novel called The Hotel New Hampshire. Also Paltrow is physically maimed in simultaneously amusing and disturbing scene. Very Irving-ish.
Oh, and Ben Stillers obsession with the health and safety of his children felt like a real nod to the World According to Garp.

MAP

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:
I loved the Royal Tennenbaums. Did anyone else feel like they were watching an adaption of an unknown John Irving novel when they saw it? Gwynneth Paltrow's relationship with her brother, her failed and self-destructive affairs and his obsession with her were very reminiscent of an Irving novel called The Hotel New Hampshire. Also Paltrow is physically maimed in simultaneously amusing and disturbing scene. Very Irving-ish.
Oh, and Ben Stillers obsession with the health and safety of his children felt like a real nod to the World According to Garp.

MAP

Totally!! I am a huge John Irving fan.

are thes films to avoid or films to go see?
wink.gif

movies to avoid renting:
Waterworld
Ghosts of Mars
Planet of the Apes (the 2000 one or whatever the new one is)

I had more, but im goin on 4 hours of inconsistant sleep, so I cant function normally right now, I might remember later... blah... i made like 20 spelling errors in that sentance and I think I got mosta them... oh well

Official boringest movie?
-The Majestic.

Ohhh, the suckditude of this movie was WAY off the chart. I walked out after 2.5 hours and there was still developing plot. BAD!

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

I wish that I had walked out after Tom Cruise's character fell asleep on the sidewalk in "Vanilla Sky." An interesting concept, but the punch-line just didn't seem to fit the rest of the film well.

Ya gotta see "How High" if you like stupid, juvenile humour.

"Behind Enemy Lines" had some great "combat" scenes.

AVOID CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG like the plague if you havent already seen it
biggrin.gif
, I do nay care if people think its a GREAT movie the scary man who steals the kids freaks me out *shudder*

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Yes, CHITTY, CHITTY BANG BANG -

The freak that steals the kids is a total whako, I wanted to smack him he was grotesque, even my 11 year old was freaked by him, but the best part of the movie is that the late Benny Hill plays the toymaker!!

Okay, but I have to admit, Tommy Boy rocks - too bad Chris Farley had to go and die - I am rambling -sorry

Originally posted by Lilly:
Official boringest movie?
-The Majestic.

Ohhh, the suckditude of this movie was WAY off the chart. I walked out after 2.5 hours and there was still developing plot. BAD!

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. This movie was intentionally slower in pace and took some time with character development. I actually thought it was rather well done. Capra-esque in fact. Definitely not your typical movie of our fast-paced short-attention-spanned time period, but a good movie. Anyways, that's all.
biggrin.gif

Thanks. Will definitely go see the Royal Tennanbaums. Going to see Gosford Park tomorrow night. Can't even stand to continue seeing the advertisements for The Shipping News, as it makes me freezing cold. The entire movie they were all shivering. Kevin Spacey is always wonderful, but that movie is a big bore. Almost left it and went to The Majestic after 1 hr., but apparently wouldn't have made a difference!

Back
Top Bottom