2 fat ladies...the pregnancy thread...!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angela Harlem

Jesus Online
2 of us are up the duff. I personally am curious to hear stories from the mums/moms/mothers of the forum on what ya'll went through.

If you wouldn't mind sharing of course
:D

I'm assuming i'm the other fat lady! :D

I would really appreciate any info you lot have as well. It's a pretty overwhelming time and my head's kinda swimming with thoughts of cots and prams and breastfeeding and childbirth and baby names and god knows what else!! :huh:

BTW, Angela - are you planning on finding out the sex of the baby? I used to always think i would want a surprise but not anymore. It will be nice to call the baby he or she rather than it all the time. And it's just easier with picking colours and stuff for clothes and the nursery.

I am not a mom, but I work with three pregnant women right now. One is 36 and it's her first, one is 29 and it's her second and the other is 41 and it's her first!! It's quite an exciting time here at the office... so many different experiences and stories. I never realized how serious the age thing can be. Anyways... I will say that pregnant women are the cutest things in the world. :sexywink: *And yes, I still like boys....

I will never have kids

My good friend just told me she's pregnant!

:ohmy: :huh: I'm a little concerned cuz she's kinda immature and her and her husband fight all the time.. but she's 25 and they planned it so I hope they know what they're doing. :eyebrow:

Never been pregnate before.
I have a friend who was, but her parents made her abort the baby:sad: :( :sad:

:sad: that's horrible :sad:

my best friend has a 11 month old who is the cutest child i've ever seen....seriously....and my friend is a wonderful mother (esp. considering her age and situation....)

sicy~hopefully your friend isn't getting pregnant to try and save the marraige cause that always ends up sticky...

Angela and LuvLady...I would be happy to discuss any part of my pregnancies and births...is there anything specific you'd like to know?

The first one was uneventful and pretty textbook...the second was a little scary because he was a big boy (8 lb 11 oz) and I had a few problems like diabetes, high blood pressure and an apendectomy in my 4th month.

I learned the sex of the first one but the second was too big and the ultrasound couldn't zoom in on "that" area!

I had one birth with pain meds and one completely natural :ohmy: and I breastfed both, so I can answer those kind of questions too.

Congratulations to the latest members of ( as they say in Australia)...the Puddin' Club.
I spent quite some time yesterday , lost in thoughts about my pregnancies and births....so once again funny this should come up here today.

Wow....that's very special, you are lucky. I had 3 babies and I wish I had known then what I know now. So yes, ask for advice.

Wow....babies
:heart: :angel: :kiss: :angel: :kiss: :angel: :kiss:

PS:hmmm I can't get this pic attcahment working...just as well maybe.

Last edited:
I was pregnant once, but I had a miscarriage :( But I'm fine now, and I can tell you that craving is sooooooooo true!!! I never had the morning sickness, but I became moody. I had pickles for breakfast usually LMAO

Oh, and listen to lots of U2 so the baby will know good music from its first day :)

:up:

:heart: Annababe :heart:

:)

I have had three kids...:)

Number one son was my biggest...eight pounds and born two days earlier...nursed for six weeks and would have gone longer but he cut his teeth too early!
The pregnancy was normal...I had an epidural with him....took seven hours which they tell me is quick for a first baby..

Number two girl ...horrible all day sickness for the first six weeks. I lost 17 pounds! However she made it all better by taking only three hours to be born and she weighed seven pounds...thought dad wasn't going to make it to the delivery. She was born right on her due date...she nursed for four months....no meds..nothing with her...completey natural and recovery was very quick..

Number three...number two son. Came THREE WEEKS early! Didn't even had a middle name for him ready...would not nurse. Was also born within three hours. He weighed six pounds. I was in bed for several weeks before he was born...not because of problems with the pregnancy but because I had polyps that kept bursting and bleeding!!! I only had a muscle relaxant with him....

All are doing well now...one is 19, one is 16 and the youngest is 11. Anything I can help you with...just ask...:)

And congratulations...

dream wanderer

Thanks everyone for your stories! So far my pregnancy is going fine. I haven't really experienced any morning sickness which is a relief, although i have noticed that my sense of smell is heightened so i can get a bit nauseous if someone is wearing heavy perfume or cooking.

Haven't experienced any weird cravings.... damn i was looking forward to that! I had my first ultrasound/scan the other week and found out my due date. I'm 10 1/2 weeks pregnant which was a bit of a surprise, i thought i was more like 12 1/2. Anyway, it was just amazing to actually see the baby so clearly. It kept jumping! :D Unfortunately i couldn't fully enjoy the experience coz the lady doing the ultrasound was a total witch. She had absolutely no emotion at all and wasn't helpful in the slightest. My partner would ask her "why is the baby jumping?" and she'd just repeat back "it's jumping" !!!!! :mad: And she kept pulling what looked like concerned faces which was freaking me out.

Because you have to drink a lot of water and not go to the toilet before the scan, i found the whole thing REALLY uncomfotable when she was constantly pressing down on my tummy. Eventually she said i could go to the loo and apparently when i was gone she said to my boyfriend, "she's very young isn't she? are you that young?" (we're 21) :madspit: I mean, how rude!! What business is it of hers how old i am? Just because i'm younger doesn't mean i won't be able to handle being a mum. That just pissed me right off. I'll make sure i go to a different place for my next one.

Wow thanks guys for your replies!
Hope you weren't offended LuvLady by me calling you the other fat lady!
I'm not sure anymore exactly how pregnant I am. I am 12 weeks and 10 weeks. Developmentally it is 10, but they start counting from your last day, so I think it depends on which doctor you are talking to.
I have absolutely no cravings at all. Quite the opposite. Food is not my friend any more :( I also dont really feel sick, more just this urge to vomit anything I eat in the evenings...which I guess is sick...I think this thread if it continues could really gross everyone out if we get too graphic!
I am hoping to find out the sex because we cannot decide on a name and also as I dont want it wearing green or yellow because we didnt know. I dont think it should be called alien baby for much longer either lol.
Every pregnancy is different, but I guess I want to know if the extreme tiredness eventually goes, if my appetitite is likely to come back, if anyone had problems that are normal and what we need to look out for...anything really :) You are right LuvLady, there is so much to be thinking of, it can just about do your head in! Its phenomenal.
You should also make sure you dont go back to that evil woman with your ultrasounds. She was so unprofessional! Dont let anyone tell you you are too young. That is ridiculous.
Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!

The first episode I had with the bleeding polyps I went right to the ER...and the nurse was trying to get the baby's hearbeat. She kept moving her stethoscope around and had this 'look' on her face...it scared me. I guess she saw my concern and immediatly told me "The baby has a heart beat...it just won't stay still long enough to get a reading on it!" :) What an absolute relief that she noticed my concern. There are caring professionals out there...

I don't remember any cravings...hmmm. I also never had 'morning sickness' I was sick in the afternoon with my first...all day with the second...and none at all with the last one.

I knew the sex of the last one...by that time I already had one of each and honestly really didn't care...I don't know if I would have wanted to know for the first one or not....

dream wanderer

Last edited:
Congratulations, ladies! How exciting for you!

I've never been pregnant, but I have a few stories that might give you a picture of how everyone's different.

My mother-in-law--never had morning sickness with her first three (all boys), but she knew the fourth was a girl because she was really sensitive to food smells and would sometimes throw up for no reason.

My sister never had morning sickness and ate like a horse all the way through the pregnancy. She even out-ate my husband when we went out for pizza! :ohmy: She did find out the sex ahead of time so that people could prepare and buy certain things. They didn't name him until he was born...while she was pregnant, she just called him "Junior."

My best friend was severely ill with both of her kids, kind of an all day sickness. She lost 30 pounds in the first trimester with her frist child. After about three months, though, she was able to eat more and everything turned out great.

My mom--well, as my dad puts it, "She has puppies quick!" She had three of us, and basically each time was really fast. With the middle child, the doctor almost didn't make it into the room to deliver my sister before my mom had her. I hope you ladies are lucky enough to have quick deliveries!

Anyway, it just goes to show, everyone's different, and knowing that each experience is unique maybe makes it a little less scary. Keep us updated!

Angie, I had no idea you were pregnant!!!!!!!!! or you either LuvLady!!! how did this one slip by me?? :eyebrow:

obviously I have no stories to share :D but congrats to both of you, you must be so excited!!
heart.gif

Angela, so you're not sure exactly how far along you are? What's your due date?- they would have told you that when you had your first ultrasound. Mine's February 4. They start counting your pregnancy from the first day of your last period.

That's awful that you've been sick and can't eat :( Hopefully after the first trimester it'll pass. As for the tiredness, I felt that in the very beginning but it seems to have gone now. Just try and eat well and maybe do some light exercising - yoga, stretching, swimming,etc. If you're throwing up maybe you should have some vitamins to make up for it. :huh: I'm not really sure, i guess it's something you should talk to your doctor about. I hope you feel better soon though.
:)

Angela Harlem said:
Every pregnancy is different, but I guess I want to know if the extreme tiredness eventually goes, if my appetitite is likely to come back, if anyone had problems that are normal and what we need to look out for...anything really :)

You will experience a miracle as soon as you hit 16 weeks or so!

Your hormones will balance out, your energy level will return and food will once again be your friend!!!

The first 12 weeks are so hard with the exhaustion, sickness and hormones but by the time you enter your second trimester, everything is leveled out and you should feel really good :yes:

Back
Top Bottom