1st Interference Album Roundtable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HolyMeximofoJoe said:

Blue Screen Life...Prog :drool: awesome awesome song...that chorus :drool: ... concrete seconds and then boo were two great back to back songs.... seville.... great cd just layed in bed and listened to it from front to back without stop....only gripe is that the vocalist didn't really use much range...

glad you liked it.....:wink:

and yes "Boo" is great:drool:

HolyMeximofoJoe said:
Never Loved Elvis...wow just wow... that is some kick ass music right there... very uplifting music... it's like the sound of a festival/parade/celebration...

Awesome use of the all those stringed instruments and such...
I started laughing halfway into "Welcome to the Cheap Seats" cause of how much i was enjoying the album and that was only 4 songs in... and "Here Come Everyone" ...:drool: awesome cd... for some reason the vocalist reminded me of thom yorke...

2 CD's in, i'm very glad i joined this:up:

yeah, it's a helluva fun listen. i recall it being on Q magazine's list of 50 best from 1991, and the blurb about the album had the quote: "if peter pan had an electric guitar, THIS is how he would have wooed wendy..."
makes strange sense. some songs make you laugh, cringe, smile...chills down the spine are common for me when this is in the player.
glad you liked!:wink:

Screwtape2 said:
:up: I'm really glad you liked it, Axver. I was kind of afraid that no would. Communion With The Sun (the first song) really is :drool:. If you want, I could send you some of their other prog rock stuff.

If there is one thing you should know about me, it is this: I never say no to offers of more prog goodness. :drool:

I know it's not cool to like prog any more, but as far as I'm concerned, it's the best genre there is. And I'm going to have to try out that Dark Third/Animals/Ra combo too.

But uh...does anyone have any thoughts on the albums that they have listened to yet?

Yep, I've gotten through a couple more. Also, I should say that I haven't listened to the Pink Floyd or Our Lady Peace albums for the very good reason that I already have them! GibsonGirl already knows I'm a big PF fan and Animals is my favourite album by the Floyd, and as far as the Our Lady Peace album goes, one guy I know is a big fan of them, so he sent me a copy of the live album a while ago and it's pretty good.

Anyhow, with regards to the two I've checked out ...

1. The Wonder Stuff - Never Loved Elvis. I still need to fully digest the entire album, but I'm really taken by the song Caught In My Shadow. Really, really taken. To the point that I just threw it onto a mix CD I've made for my father for Christmas. What a great, great track. The opener also stood out to me.

2. Pinback - Blue Screen Life. I was a bit thrown off by this one. Going by the description of the album as one containing "melodic pop songs, with catchy choruses", I was expecting something along the lines of Crowded House. So when the first couple of songs turned out to not be much like the Crowdies, I felt rather underwhelmed. Of course, then the insidious thing quickly grew on me and I'll be giving it another spin tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow, I'll be getting on to a couple of the other contributions then too. This has been very enjoyable so far and I hope a second roundtable will happen. :drool:

U2Man said:
that album xavi uploaded sounds really interesting :hmm:

You could have gotten the links out of me if you'd said something good about Pure Reason Revolution. :tsk:

i would if i knew it.

rumour has it that if you don't love this album, you don't like music.

hey axver, i'm really enjoying pure reason revolution.

it's a shame you didn't send me the link. that would have given you a plus in my book. :tsk:

the only way you can make up for this is to upload some more of this stuff. :hmm:

oops, just read that this is their only album.

then i guess you will have to find another present for me :drool:

U2Man said:
oops, just read that this is their only album.

then i guess you will have to find another present for me :drool:

I have just come into possession of some other non-album PRR tunes ... :wink:

I'm gonna unsticky this, since there hasn't been any posts since December 26th. I didn't want to unsticky it and have it sink into oblivion, so this reply will bump it. If you guys become more active in it again and want it stickied again, no problem.

Back
Top Bottom