"1985" by Bowls of Soup (or whatever they're called)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
Has anyone else heard this song? They mention U2 in the chorus. I'm not a big fan of the actual song but the video cracks me up. They'll probably be a one hit wonder.

bowling for soup? :eyebrow: or someone completly different with a similar name?

retro-revival? aren't they a really bad pop-punk band in the vein of simple plan, the ataris, or sum 41?

IWasBored said:
retro-revival? aren't they a really bad pop-punk band in the vein of simple plan, the ataris, or sum 41?

Maybe. They seem like a really poor rehash of older stuff, which can probably be applied to some pop punk as well.

Angela Harlem said:

Maybe. They seem like a really poor rehash of older stuff, which can probably be applied to some pop punk as well.

:down:

they had this song called 'the bitch song' or something...the line from the chorus was 'you're a bitch but i love you anyway/ you make me sick, but don't ever go away'. sang by a whiney dude, of course.

IWasBored said:

:down:

they had this song called 'the bitch song' or something...the line from the chorus was 'you're a bitch but i love you anyway/ you make me sick, but don't ever go away'. sang by a whiney dude, of course.

Sounds grand. :| Doesn't matter what style they are really, it's shitty whatever it is. lol

U2democrat said:
They'll probably be a one hit wonder.

They already had a hit. I know this because they played at a stupid radio station festival maybe like 2 or 3 years ago, and they had a popular single that was played all the time...can't remember what it is though.

Re: Re: "1985" by Bowls of Soup (or whatever they're called)

Bonochick said:

They already had a hit. I know this because they played at a stupid radio station festival maybe like 2 or 3 years ago, and they had a popular single that was played all the time...can't remember what it is though.

the bitch song?

actually, they had a "hit" last year as well, since they were on the warped tour and all of a sudden all sorts of little pop punk kids were raving about them :down:

When I first saw them parodying all those different bands and artists in the video I was wondering if I was going to see a portrayl of U2 in 1985, including Bono and his Live Aid mullet. :lol: It was a funny video. Loved the parodies of George Michael's "Faith" and Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" videos - even if they were 1987 videos, not 1985 videos.

Back
Top Bottom