1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington DC Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim, judging by past piss-poor distribution of U2 stuff in New Zealand, the deluxe NLOTH from Amazon will probably get to you quicker than you could buy the standard edition in shops. :lol:

Yeah I can get some things a month or two easily before it hits NZ's shelves!!

:giggle: Wouldn't it be funny if their show was pre-recorded...I'd be f#cked then!!! :lmao:

I should be ok, but it'll be great having everyone there on AIM with me for encouragement etc!

Back. Fuck, it's warm out there. Not as hot as previous days, but plenty of heat in the sun.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

my fucking broken fucking toe fucking hurts to fucking walk on!

God damn my team leader!

That sounds decidedly unpleasant, Reggo.

I'm ready. I'mr eady to scream my freakin lungs out, cause Jesus fucking Harold Christ on rubber crutches, my toe hurts. Nerve endings + air = owie.

Okay, cause I have nothing else to do, I'm gonna upload all four of the photos I took at the Crowded House gig!

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

Oooh, great to see the pictures, U-Wen! Your photos certainly turned out miles better than the garbage my cheap camera produced. :up:

What camera were you using there? I'm thinking I might pick up a DSLR tomorrow or Friday, since there are two trains on Saturday I'd like to photograph ...

Oooh, great to see the pictures, U-Wen! Your photos certainly turned out miles better than the garbage my cheap camera produced. :up:

What camera were you using there? I'm thinking I might pick up a DSLR tomorrow or Friday, since there are two trains on Saturday I'd like to photograph ...

Those were just taken using my phone, actually, a 3.2 megapixel Sony Ericsson K800i or something. I think it'll be harder to bring the DSLR into gigs, sadly. They turned out well cause we were fairly close to the stage and I didn't have to zoom too much.

And awesome, settled on a camera yet? (Not that I actually know a hell of a lot about them even though I have one)

Those were just taken using my phone, actually, a 3.2 megapixel Sony Ericsson K800i or something. I think it'll be harder to bring the DSLR into gigs, sadly. They turned out well cause we were fairly close to the stage and I didn't have to zoom too much.

And awesome, settled on a camera yet? (Not that I actually know a hell of a lot about them even though I have one)

Ha. Yeah, you had that big advantage over me. From my spot, I just couldn't get anything with such an insipid zoom and weak sensor.

I'll either get the Canon 450D or 40D ... probably it'll come down to how it feels to use, what's got the better deal, and stuff. The 40D seems more powerful and robust, and since I'd like to be able to photograph in all conditions, I think I'd feel better about taking a 40D into the rain and wilderness than the 450D.

Ha. Yeah, you had that big advantage over me. From my spot, I just couldn't get anything with such an insipid zoom and weak sensor.

I'll either get the Canon 450D or 40D ... probably it'll come down to how it feels to use, what's got the better deal, and stuff. The 40D seems more powerful and robust, and since I'd like to be able to photograph in all conditions, I think I'd feel better about taking a 40D into the rain and wilderness than the 450D.

Oh, awesome. :up: But isn't there something like a $200 price difference between the two?

Oh, awesome. :up: But isn't there something like a $200 price difference between the two?

Yeah, I'm actually surprised the price difference is so low, since the 450D is hobbyist stuff, while the 40D is getting semi-professional. I do like some of the greater power and features that the 40D provides, though since the 450D is a somewhat newer model, it actually scores better in a few respects. Unfortunately, the new 50D that comes out soon doesn't really seem to set the world alight and it sounds like its sensor may in fact be slightly inferior to the 40D.

I figure that since the 40D is only a little more than the 450D, it might be worth investing just that little bit extra in more power.

*watches the camera talk go over her head*

So I'm judging by the fact that I have Electrical Storm stuck in my head tonight instead of GOYB that one is more memorable than the other...

Mmm, fair enough. I need to take a trip out to the Dandenongs or something to really play around with the camera for a day...

*watches the camera talk go over her head*

So I'm judging by the fact that I have Electrical Storm stuck in my head tonight instead of GOYB that one is more memorable than the other...

Electrical Storm is a classic, nothing wrong with that!

Although WTAHAN would say otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom