14 year old Elizabeth Smart found alive!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I'm on my lunch break now, and I have to get back to work...I just heard it announced on CNN that they've found Elizabeth Smart alive...the little girl missing since June from Utah! I'm sooo happy they found her...I don't now the details or how they found her, I hope she's ok! It's nice to hear happy endings!

amazing!!!

Missing teen Smart found alive

Utah girl found with former family handyman

BREAKING NEWS
NBC, MSNBC AND NEWS SERVICES

March 12 ? Missing Utah teenager Elizabeth Smart has been found alive at a restaurant in Sandy, Utah, and is in custody, police said Wednesday.

THE TEEN?S disappearance from her home June 5 in Salt Lake City sparked a massive search and nationwide media attention.

Elizabeth, who was 14 at the time of her disappearance, was with a middle-aged man named Emmanuel Mitchell and an unidentified woman, police in suburban Sandy said, NBC reported.

Mitchell was a handyman in the Smart home for one day about nine months before Elizabeth?s disappearance.

A citizen called police to report a suspicious group of people at a Burger King in Sandy, NBC reported.

Salt Lake City police were interviewing Elizabeth with her parents.

This is a breaking news story. Check back for developments.

1. i hope nothing too terrible happened to her.

2. i wonder if mr. ricci had any involvement in her abduction?

after hearing of so many teenage girls being kidnapped and killed, it's refreshing to hear that one of them was actually found alive.

Being from Utah, I can tell you that the location they found her is about 20 mins away from her home. That's pretty if she's been in Utah this whole time.

It's great she's alive, pretty sad she's been gone that long. It will be interesting to see what really happened.

daisybean said:
That is such great news.

But like deep said, one of my first thoughts was a concern for her mental state, if she was abused :sad:

I totally agree. That's what I've been thinking about too.

Sounds like the guy may have been some messed up polygamist too.

This is incredible news, I'm so glad they have finally found her. I bet her family is estatic and very relieved. I read on cnn.com that she was 14 when she was abducted and she's now 15. I couldn't imagine what she went through just do deal with this event alone. Not to mention the whole ordeal.

And yes, I believe this is more proof that miracles do occur.

~J

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
not that this has anything to do with elizabeth smart, but is interference.com now an official source of news on the net?

I found this on the google news website...I guess we're on it cuz of U2 News? :shrug:

A Novel Approach to News

Google News presents information culled from approximately 4,500 news sources worldwide and automatically arranged to present the most relevant news first. Topics are updated continuously throughout the day, so you will see new stories each time you check the page. Google has developed an automated grouping process for Google News that pulls together related headlines and photos from thousands of sources worldwide -- enabling you to see how different news organizations are reporting the same story. You pick the item that interests you, then go directly to the site which published the account you wish to read.

Google News is highly unusual in that it offers a news service compiled solely by computer algorithms without human intervention. While the sources of the news vary in perspective and editorial approach, their selection for inclusion is done without regard to political viewpoint or ideology. While this may lead to some occasionally unusual and contradictory groupings, it is exactly this variety that makes Google News a valuable source of information on the important issues of the day.

Yeah, it's about time we saw some GOOD news! I am surprised in a happy way. Usually these people are always dead or never found at all. This is a miracle! I hope she hasn't been harmed. I'm sure she'll be rich now selling her story to Hollywood, but that can come later. Right now there is just unbelievable joy for her and her family :happy:

I just heard the way he kept her hidden was to keep her dressed in Muslim garb with her face covered. He dressed that way too. That's why no one questioned them until tonight when someone reported them in the Burger King for acting strange.

Last edited:
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030312/capt.1047508114.elizabeth_smart_ny124.jpg

cute kid.
i really hope shes ok..:)

diamond
capt.1047508114.elizabeth_smart_ny124.jpg

Happy news! It makes you realize that you never really can give up hope in these kinds of cases. Apparently the reunion between her and her parents was unspeakably joyous. Here's hoping she's doing okay!

Back
Top Bottom