138th Street by The Walkmen sounds alot like Bob Dylan.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Walkmen are the best. I saw them play last October, and they totally blew me away. And I'm sure they'd site Dylan as an influence, especially that saloon piano sound.

I'm trying to figure out whether to make some sort of "Positively 138th Street" joke here.

But seriously, what's the rest of the Walkmen's stuff like? I've only heard "We've Been Had" and "Wake Up" [I think...] and liked them both. Make more comparisons please. What's the best album to start off with?

MrBrau1 said:
No. The Rat doesn't sound like Stewart. But 138th sounds like it could be Dylan.

It could, but it doesnt, and The Rat does sound like Stewart. The Faces era Stewart, which is a good thing.

Elvis Presley said:

It could, but it doesnt, and The Rat does sound like Stewart. The Faces era Stewart, which is a good thing.

Oh, the "good" Rod Stewart. I was thinkg "bad" 80's Rod Stewart. 138th Street sounds like Dylan.

MrBrau1 said:

Oh, the "good" Rod Stewart. I was thinkg "bad" 80's Rod Stewart. 138th Street sounds like Dylan.

Not good vs. bad, just different. As for Dylan, well they are probably going for that, cant say that I blame them, I just dont see it.

Back
Top Bottom