10 Years of OK Computer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xaviMF22

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
So tomorrow OK Computer is 10 years old ...how time flies :(

Radio_Head_-_Ok_Computer_-_front.jpg

show your appreciation for one of the best albums ever

bitches :wink:

That means ten years of raging hard ons that last 53 minutes and 21 seconds.

airbag
paranoid android
subterranean homesick alien
exit music
let down
karma police

:drool: :drool: :drool:

fitter happier :hmm: :up:
electioneering :rockon:
climbing up the walls :up:

no surprises
lucky
the tourist

:combust:

In an interstellar burst... I'm back to save the universe.

:rockon:

Live long and prosper, OK Computer.

xaviMF22 said:

I have no idea what that means, but :hi5:

I saw radiohead at liberty state park, which is this outdoor park in New Jersey. The backdrop was Manahttan and the statue of liberty and the Twin Towers (august '01, i think) and when Exit Music came on, dead silence. And then this dude next to me says, "It's like church." And it totally was. :drool:

Too bad Let Down doesn't sound so great live. Oh well. The album version rules.

Incredible record.

I remember one night about four years ago, we had a blackout, no electricity, and when it got to be midnight, 1AM and the power still wasn't back, I decided to get in bad, and listen to OKC via discman(didn't have an Ipod yet), and I listened to it all the way through, just staring at the ceiling in the darkness, with only a single candle lit, still raining outside, and it was just an experience. :drool:

I remember another time, I was on a transatlantic flight, and most of the other people were asleep, it was the middle of the night, and I listened to 'Let Down' and 'Lucky'. :drool:

*waits for Brau to come in and make obligatory derogatory statement about Radiohead*

namkcuR said:

*waits for Brau to come in and make obligatory derogatory statement about Radiohead*

I don't think that's going to be an issue.

It's nice to not be called out for not listening to Billie Holiday by someone who doesn't listen to Billie Holiday.

good album...no wait it turned into an amazing album about 3rd listen. I remember turning my highschool brother and his friends onto this album, they thought I was a god.

It's ashamed they haven't lived up to that standard lately, don't get me wrong I love Kid A but the others are sub par...

Ok Computer was released on Bloomsday? Cool I'll listen to it today. That won't be a problem for me at all. :heart:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
:heart: Let Down and Lucky!!

happy ten yr anniversary RH!

:yes: Right now those two are my favourite Radiohead songs (though it changes from time to time...)

Great album! I still remember the first time I heard it (it wasn't that long ago). It was one of those albums that I fell in love with the first time I listened to it.

It holds a special place for being one of the albums I discovered in high school after discovering the joy and undertstanding that a certain green substance can bring you

Berto87 said:
It holds a special place for being one of the albums I discovered in high school after discovering the joy and undertstanding that a certain green substance can bring you

I like money, too.

inmyplace13 said:

I don't think that's going to be an issue.

It's nice to not be called out for not listening to Billie Holiday by someone who doesn't listen to Billie Holiday.

I bet he's a Spurs fan, too.

namkcuR said:

I'll do it first :wink:

Too dense for me. Tried to get through it, though I haven't made it past Let Down, which was pretty good.

A really 'meh' :| record for me so far.

namkcuR said:
Incredible record.

ooohhh, i remember this time well.
they played the tibetan freedom concert, then played a super secret show at Irving Plaza in NYC. gave up my tix (d'oh! - i had to get up for another day of the tibetan freedom show) to my closest friend in the whole wide world.

one mr. brau.

he loved it.
i'm sure he'll catch on and fill y'all in.
i didn't totally miss out. december i caught the live from the 10 spot show at Hammerstein Ballroom...bliss.....
great album. the world of music is MUCH better because of it.:drool:

Back
Top Bottom