10 Year High School Reunion - Advice Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
So my 10 year high school reunion is coming up, but I have a problem. I went to two different high schools, and need help figuring out which one to go to because I am torn.

The first high school I went to was in West Palm Beach where I grew up and lived for 8 years. I left that high school right before 11th grade started.

The second high school I went to was in Tallahassee and I only went to school with those people for two years and don't really care much about them at all for many reasons.

So my dilemma is this...which reunion should I go to? The one where all my old friends will be at who I haven't seen in ages, or the school I graduated from? Is it normal to go to a reunion for a school you only attended for two years (even though you grew up with those people) and didn't graduate from? I'm still in contact with several people from the West Palm school and very few from the Tallahassee school.

I realize this might seem like an easy answer, but I don't want people to think I'm weird for attending a school I left after 10th grade. Thoughts?

I agree with se7en... go where you feel comfortable. You have much more in common with the folks you left after 10th grade than you do with the ones you only spent your last 2 years of high school with ( I'm assuming that, anyway!).

Attended my 15th renunion last year.... what an interesting experience. :| :lol:

yep, go to the one where you feel more at ease because it can be stressful.

at my 10 year reunion, i actually sat with people i went to elementary school with instead of those that i had been friends with in high school.

i chose not to go to my 20 year reunion.

So you guys don't think its weird or unconventional to attend the reunion of a class I didn't graduate with even though I grew up with them?

Definitely go to the one that you want to go to the most. If you like the people it shouldn't matter that you didn't graduate with them.

i would think your friends would understand that you didn't want to go to the other reunion with a bunch of virtual strangers. i would be happy to see someone that i basically grew up with, even if i didn't technically graduate with them.

HelloAngel said:
So you guys don't think its weird or unconventional to attend the reunion of a class I didn't graduate with even though I grew up with them?

I'm actually planning/working on the reunion for my school. I've had several people wanting to attend our reunion even though they hadn't graduated from the school. One person in particular had only been at the school for one year. So no... it is not unconventional at all to show up. I know at least the reunion committee would love to have an extra person there! :wink:

i went to three seperate high schools and only associate with the second of three, which is unfortunately a few provinces away.

theirs is the only reunion i would consider going to.

I'd go to the one you want.

I almost didnt go to mine but I'm glad I did. It was very cool to see some people I knew after so many years. You'll have a great time! :D

I'm planning to go to my ten year reunion this summer for a school I didn't graduate from, so you won't be alone in that regard. I attended a special math and science school (for juniors and seniors), and many of us left after the first year. The reunion committee decided that anyone who started out in the class would be invited to the reunion, though. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Back
Top Bottom