10 Best Concert Experiences - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:45 PM
I wouldn't mind a time machine...though I may use it for more than just attending concerts...like playing the lottery with the knowledge of the wining numbers.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:48 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
I wouldn't mind a time machine...though I may use it for more than just attending concerts...like playing the lottery with the knowledge of the wining numbers.
or place bets worth lots of money using Grays Sports Almanac just like Biff did....

Old 03-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #48
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser

or place bets worth lots of money using Grays Sports Almanac just like Biff did....
Cubs beat Miami?
Old 03-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
December 4, 2005: U2 TDBankNorth Garden, Boston:
My birthday. A 3 encore show, ending with "Fast Cars" and Bono saying "who'd leave you with a song you don't know?", and as the possibility of another song enters the minds of patrons, he smirks and says "Me." Band just on fire all night.

(The others in your list too, but this is the only one from your list that I saw too. )
Old 03-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn

(The others in your list too, but this is the only one from your list that I saw too. )
Yeah its not likely that we'd see too many of the same shows living on opposite sides of the Atlantic.

And speaking of this, I've been meaning to ask you...I think I may have run into you (not realizing it was you) in the men's room shortly after the opening act had finished. While washing your hands do you recall someone taking note of your ellipse wristband and saying something along the lines of "I see you got inside the ellipse, how is it?" And you responded something about it being worth the distance you travelled to get there.
I had such an encounter with someone obviously European, and wasn't until reading post show accounts here on interference that it occured to me that it may have been you.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:32 PM   #51
Blue Crack Supplier

Apart from One I can't remember that much from that evening. But I don't think it was me, I don't think I left my front rail spot after the the opening act had finished. Didn't want to lose that prime location.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Must've been some other die hard then.
Old 03-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
And BEG, I know you're mocking me for venue choice here so I offer you a and have to ask what the gas cylinder caper is about? I didn't know they were in the habit of blowing things up
Mocking??? Moi???

And you've answered my query as to which Hunnas era cos in the very early days (when I never saw them ) they used to hit bits of metal and gas cylinders and the like. Very industrial.

Obviously they gave up that caper by the time they got to Panthers

And seriously awesome lists everyone I need to think of my own 10...
Old 03-23-2006, 06:06 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
how else would i be able to afford attending concerts?
Old 03-23-2006, 07:38 PM   #55
I serve MacPhisto

With those sorts of winnings, you could buy Murphy's Law a van that won't break every 3rd gig

I guess the name is kindof fitting... if anything can go wrong, it will. Heh.

And on the subject of Biff... I saw a poster stuck to a telephone pole earlier today: DJ Marty McFly. http://mcfly.ca/

But apparently there's also a djmartymcfly.com as well, for the 'creator of funky bunny'... whatever that means.

My only concern is whether or not he can scratch at 88mph and go back in time.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:55 PM   #56
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:45 PM

Quote:

June 9, 2001: U2, FleetCenter Boston: The infamous Boston 4 complete with DB9 stage rush. Special to me because I underwent succesful cancer surgery the day before (and had to give up my tix to Boston 3), but attended the show against the advice of most (though my surgeon thought I might have a shot at making it, which was all the incentive I needed).

it's taken me a few years to finally realize how stupid i was that night.

what a blunderous move i made.

out

db9
Old 03-24-2006, 07:43 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

You were just young (sort of) and excited.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:45 PM
U2 - ellipse on rail 11/2/2005...too good for words!
My friend and I drove from San Diego to LA....on the way getting a flat tire...not being able to drive faster than 50mph then getting stuck in traffic which seemed like forever.....then standing in the wrong line...then finding the right GA line to realized hundreds of people were ahead of us....then getting in and getting scanend into the Ellipse....then getting there and getting a wonderful spot!!! The rest is history, I'll never forget that night. Especially the closing with Bad !!

Travis - 1/31/2004 surprisingly a wonderful, energetic show....everyone rushed the stage at the last song, Why Does it Always Rain on Me

Bright Eyes - 10/31/2005... My elbows were on stage ...I was that close, great show ...great opening bands, got some autographs after the show

U2 - 4/2/2005 - finally, my first U2 concert!! I bought the tickets while in the middle of nowhere college ...I was trying to get some for San Diego where my family lives but wasnt lucky...Ticketbastard finally put me through...I thought I was going to faint...I couldnt believe it....the show was awesome ! and then I got them and then realized I had to figure out how to get back home ...and had to arrange all my exams and assignments early

Radiohead - 9/23ish/2003 - great setlist, closed with a wonderul How To Disappear Completely

Esjborn Svensson Trio - 2004 - great jazz group from Sweden, amazing musicians, very nice, great seats

other good shows Interpol, Coldplay [way before x&y], Kings of Leon, no doubt, garbage,

Take into consideration I'm only 19...dont have a car and Ive had to save up from my crappy job to buy all tickets to all the shows ive been to [and of course an extra ticket for a friend]
Old 03-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #59
Refugee

1. U2 - Chicago May 12, 2001

My first time seeing U2, got into the heart, front row in front of Edge. I vividly remember out of control and 11 oclock tick tock.

2. Wilco - Dublin, May 9, 2002

First time seeing Wilco. Also, right before they blew up, so the venue was small and more intimate. My first and only concert in another country, as well!

3. Buddy Guy - Chicago, January 6, 2003

When he came out in this small venue, I was truly in awe. A showman and effortless blueman

4. The Strokes - Chicago, April 23, 2004

Many people have said they aren't that great live, but this concert proved them wrong. So much energy from the band and the crowd. Every song was a high.

5. Carole King - Chicago, July 15, 2004

I went with my mom and her sisters for her b-day present. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with her music and artistic craftmanship

6. U2 - Chicago, May 12, 2005

At the tip of the heart, The first time for the first time, discotheque, and them ending with Bad

7. Sufjan Stevens - Chicago, September 17, 2005

His voice is pure heaven

8. The Arcade Fire - Chicago, September 28, 2005

After seeing this band live, I could finally die in peace. After U2, no other band compared live.

9. Wolf Parade - Chicago, October 14, 2005

So much energy, passion, and creativeness.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #60
War Child

Local Time: 04:45 AM
Hard to rate these...they all reside in my memory as equally kick-ass...but, if forced to rate:

1. Radiohead (any of their last four tours, but especially the OK Computer tour, Vancouver, BC, 1997)

2. Built to Spill, Vancouver, Summer 2003 (two shows) and 2004 (oh, when will the world discover the greatness that is BTS?)

3. Mogwai, Vancouver, 2004

4. Interpol, Vancouver, 2004

5. U2, Vancouver, November 1987

6. Pavement, Calgary, Alberta, 1994

7. Nirvana, Victoria, BC, 1991

8. Sigur Ros, Vancouver, September 2005

9. Guided by Voices, Vancouver, 1994

10. Do Make Say Think, Victoria, BC, 2002

And, hey, kakvox, nice to see Wolf Parade rated here. Originally from my ex-hometown, Victoria, BC, but i haven't been lucky enough to see them yet!