10-20 Years Down the Road...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
which TV shows since the year 2000 will be known as "classics"?

I think 24, Arrested Development, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, and The Office (both versions) are high on that list.

LemonMacPhisto said:
which TV shows since the year 2000 will be known as "classics"?

I think 24, Arrested Development, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, and The Office (both versions) are high on that list.

I agree with all of them, except I can't stand 24, personally. I think some shows will fade away, like Friday Night Lights, which will always have critical acclaim, but never a huge fan base (like AD). Firefly maybe as well.

The original CSI needs to be added to my list, it spawned a whole new generation of ridiculously bad crime dramas that copy a good one.

Arrested Development and The Office are the obvious, and deserving, choices. I'd also potentially throw The Colbert Report and Curb Your Enthusiasm in there, although the former doesn't fit into the same mold as the shows we're discussing here. It has become a bit of a cultural phenomenon, though, so I believe that qualifies it.

Despite the fact that they were around in the 90s, I also think South Park and the Daily Show hit their stride in this decade. The Daily Show has revamped how a lot of Americans look at politics and South Park is the most biting, hilarious, and profound social and political satire we have right now.

I think Battlestar will maintain cult classic, but nothing else. Probably the same as Arrested(didn't air long enough).

Depends what a "classic" means.

Something like CSI and Law and Order can live in syndication for a long time.

Each episode can stand on it's own.

Lost has fans that are looking for the answers, it is much like Twin Peaks

devoted fans tune in, but once you learn the answers :shrug:

How is it that no one has mentioned The West Wing? The West Wing, especially the first four years(AKA the Sorkin years), was simply one of the finest dramatic television series ever to grace our screens.

Also, although I'm not personally that big of a fan, The Sopranos will no doubt go down as a classic as well.

Back
Top Bottom