1 nil Germany, do they know any other way to win?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettig

New Yorker
Solid effort, altho Ballack's double yellow is a massive massive blow. Without him theyre gonna struggle even to get 1 goal. That offside right at the end was interesting, maybe FIFA decided the semis was far enuff for the hosts. :D

Well played Germany, though yes they will miss Ballack.
Korea were lack-lustre once more, they never looked really like winning the match without help from the referees, which they didnt get today.
I dont think the offside decision is an issue, Kahn easily claimed the ball anyway.

hehe well i was actually paying tribute to them, theyre the one team at this world cup ive seen play effectively within its limitations apart from maybe the irish.

I don't know who ill be supporting in the final, without ballack germany will certainly be underdogs if its against brazil so i might still support em...

I thought Ballack's previous yellow had been lifted.

And I thought Germany played pretty well--they just couldn't get their headers on target. Korea did play some solid defense in the penalty area, boxing out their men and not letting them get clear headers on goal.

Korea's offense, on the other hand, was practically non-existent save for the one early shot by Chun-Soo Lee that was magnificently saved by Oliver Kahn.

Last edited:
the CNN/SI score ticker thing i was watching said ballack will NOT miss the next game because his previous yellow had been switched to someone else.

I double-checked; I think it is Neuville who had his previous yellow rescinded.

Yeah it was Neuville, the fault in the past game was from Jeremies.

If Brazil goes to the final and Germany manages to win, I'm sure it will be thanks to St. Olli Kahn.

1946755132.jpg

Nice shot of Kahn. Was that the one from the first 5 minutes?

rafmed said:
If Brazil goes to the final and Germany manages to win, I'm sure it will be thanks to St. Olli Kahn.

Damn right, Kahn has been an absolute rock for them throughout the world cup so far, still only one goal conceded in 6 matches now (Robbie!!!) I reckon that could be something of a culture shock for the Brazilians, anyway in the final who knows, everyone thought Brazil would win in 98 too.
I think Klose and Neuville assuming they play need to perform a lot better in the final, havent really seen a lot from those 2 in the last few games.

The talk here btw raffie is "Can one man win the World Cup?"

Last edited:
AcrobatMan said:
germany has just conceded ONE GOAL ( courtsey : robbie that too in post 90 minute i think or was it 89th..)..well done KAHN ..Brazil are going to have tough time trying to score through him

Yeah, Kahn is da man. We still have to face Turkey tomorrow morning...and 3 of the 4 "R" will play against the Turkish. If we suceed and nothing bad happens to our boys we probably will have the 4 "R" against Germany. So, don't worry ;)

Attachments

• flagbra.gif
    flagbra.gif
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,640
Back
Top Bottom