1 Giant Leap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
"A drummer calling in Senegal will be answered in Dehli, then a call from New York will be answered in Ghana, all mixed together with other rhythms creeping in, one global pulse."

This best describes 1 Giant Leap, one of the best compelation CD's I have heard this year. Rhythms and beats from various ancient cultures mixed with modern beats. Just bought the CD
the other day and it has given me a great intro to some areas of World Music. Other than Celtic music, I havent got into World Music until recently and it really is absolutely amazing.

I really do recommend this CD peoples...also has guest vocals by Michael Stipe and Robbie Williams among many.

The Way You Dream is the Michael Stipe song if you want to download it for a tester
smile.gif

PS - I just checked out the website and Brian Eno seems to have something to do with it too.
------------------
20 to 40!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by bono_man (edited 04-21-2002).]

I have so much trouble downloading here **cass kicks puter** so I'll have to wait to hear the album. .Thanks for the clue bono_man.

Your topic heading made me take notice, you being from Brisbane.I had a U2Popmart, George Street Brisbane, 1 Giant Leap (well 6 actually, in camoflague pants and pink T shirts!!! bit like Adam)) experience I'll never forget!!
eek.gif

i think u may need to explain that one to me!!

------------------
20 to 40!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah- ha!!!! I had a thread about this album about two weeks ago- and nobody replied- this is a great album and world music is the best, I absolutely love the song 'Passion' from this sooooo much and Bono_Man I recomend you get some Youssou N'Dour music- he is from West Africa
smile.gif

hello Aurora, I didn't see your previous thread sorry, but was hoping to find you. I wonder if you'll come back here? I was thinking of you yesterday when I was listening to the radio. Did you know there has been a CORONAL MASS EJECTION!!!?.... There has , indeed!A really really big one. And it has created fabulous AURORAS.....but you need to be in Tasmania to see them
smile.gif
Just thought I'd tell you that.
Sorry to hijack your thread there bono_man.

One of the modules in the contemporary music course is world music.The man that teaches that class has a nice collection of CD's, I'll suggest he buy the one you mentioned ...and then lend it to me.

Ok...its been a few days since I got the CD and I have put in some hard listening...I think this is the best compilation CD released so far this year. Oh...and its put together by the guy from Faithless with help from all sorts of people.

For a taste download:

The Way You Dream (with Michael Stipe and Asha Bhosle)

Passion (with Michael Franti)

Braided Hair (with Speech and Neneh Cherry)

------------------
20 to 40!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by cass:
Did you know there has been a CORONAL MASS EJECTION!!!?.... There has , indeed!A really really big one. And it has created fabulous AURORAS.....but you need to be in Tasmania to see them
smile.gif
Just thought I'd tell you that.

Thanks so much Cass- I didn't know about that- glorious Auroras!!! I dont think I can get down to Tassie so I think I will go surfing the net for some nice pics- one day I will get to see the Australis with my own eyes hopefully
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom