(12-12-2003) U2 on the Couch -- Entertainment Weekly *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 on the Couch

The Dec. 12 issue of Entertainment Weekly features interviews with producers of several late-night talk shows discussing musical guests. Several interviewed have U2 on their wish lists.

The Late Show with Craig Kilborn
Recent Guests: the Ataris, Joss Stone and Elvis Costello. "Along with the chart-toppers, we like to break new artists and bring back old favorites," says talent exec Alisa Gichon, who likens Kilborn to the "DJ of an alternative radio station."
On Their Wish List: U2, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Madonna, AC/DC
Memorable Performance: "Jackyl's Jessie James Dupree performed 'Highway to Hell.' At the end," says Gichon, "he grabbed a chain saw and carved Craig's name into the top of a bar stool. Then he took the stool and smashed the drum kit, very rock & roll."

Last Call with Carson Daly
Recent Guests: the RZA and ODB, Stellastarr*, Erykah Badu and Phantom Planet
On Their Wish List: Pearl Jam, U2
Memorable Performance: "Christopher Walken was rehearsing for SNL the day Fischerspooner was taping," says talent exec Jamie Granet, "ans he stopped to watch. He seemed captivated. That's the kind of performance you hope for."

Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Recent Guests: the Strokes, Joshua Bell, Dolly Parton and the Polyphonic Spree.
On Their Wish List: U2
Memorable Performance: "The drummer from Goldfinger flipped Conan upside down and he landed on his head," says talent exec Jim Pitt. "Everyone thought, 'Oh my God, he's going to be paralyzed.'" O'Brien sidekick Andy Richter later framed a still from the show with this quote, "For a minute there, I saw my vacation home going to the sh---er."

-- Entertainment Weekly

I find that Conan is the only entertaining late show host anymore. Letterman is kinda washed up, and Leno is just not funny. Conan is awesome....U2 is awesome....U2 and Conan would be phenominal.

Did anyone here watch Conan last night?

He had one of the little girls from the film "In America" on and he asked her if she new Bono. The little girl said, "Yeah, he's my best friend" :cute:

Conan then asked her, "Okay, so the next time you see him can you ask him to do The Conan O'Brian Show please?"

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom