(12-12-2002) Bono on fame, Eminem and the Teletubbies - Orlando Sentinel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/

Bono on fame, Eminem and the Teletubbies

By James Warren | Chicago Tribune
Posted December 12, 2002

We know Bono as U2 frontman, AIDS activist and global thinker. But what does he think about his contemporaries and being a star?

ON PERFORMING BEFORE 80,000 SCREAMING, ADORING FANS: "People think about performers that it's, 'Love me, love me, love me!' And they're right! No, you can actually be trying to impress just one person in the crowd; a lover, your father, a guy who bullied you in school."

BIGGEST MUSICAL INFLUENCE AS A KID: "John Lennon. He taught me the value of a song as placard."

PAUL MCCARTNEY: "He writes better tunes and may be the most underrated [Beatle]. Harmonically rich. And it's almost as if he's been elbowed aside, and not taken as seriously, because he's not dead."

EMINEM: "Brilliant lyricist and writer who is in the tradition of [the French poet] Rimbaud and the 15th century murder ballads."

JOHNNY CASH: "Greatest exponent of murder ballads. I think he's wonderful."

FAVORITE TV SHOWS (A TIE): "First, there's Oprah. She is a study as a performer. It's taken me 20 years to lose my self-consciousness. She doesn't seem to have any. . . . Then there's Teletubbies. Psychedelic stuff, with TVs in their bellies. As a person who doesn't trifle with hallucinogens, it's the closest I'll come to Jimi Hendrix."

U2'S IMMEDIATE FUTURE: "We'll get back into the studio soon. We're halfway through a record that will burn down all our good works!"
Copyright ? 2002, Orlando Sentinel

HelloAngel said:

U2'S IMMEDIATE FUTURE: "We'll get back into the studio soon. We're halfway through a record that will burn down all our good works!"
Copyright ? 2002, Orlando Sentinel

o_O, I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing.........:scratch:

HelloAngel said:
EMINEM: "Brilliant lyricist and writer who is in the tradition of [the French poet] Rimbaud and the 15th century murder ballads."

That's an interesting way of describing him.

Originally posted by HelloAngel
Then there's Teletubbies. Psychedelic stuff, with TVs in their bellies. As a person who doesn't trifle with hallucinogens, it's the closest I'll come to Jimi Hendrix."

:lol:!

Yeah, that show can be really out there sometimes, I won't argue with him there.

Right now I'm just trying to picture Bono watching "Teletubbies" in the first place.

Originally posted by HelloAngel

:eyebrow:

Hmm...this record will burn down albums as good as Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?

Okay, that's gonna be interesting to hear...guess we'll all have to wait and see.

Angela

so..."burn down all our good works" as in it's really really good, or "burn down all our good works" as in achtung baby chopping down the joshua tree type change?

a change could be good....but judging by electrical storm, it's not much of a change...hmm....*twiddles thumbs*...

Stories for Boys said:
so..."burn down all our good works" as in it's really really good, or "burn down all our good works" as in achtung baby chopping down the joshua tree type change?

a change could be good....but judging by electrical storm, it's not much of a change...hmm....*twiddles thumbs*...

Maybe it will be a surprise!!!
Then again, are you ever really *surprised* at a new U2 album??!!:laugh: :lmao: :laugh:

PAUL MCCARTNEY: "He writes better tunes and may be the most underrated [Beatle]. Harmonically rich. And it's almost as if he's been elbowed aside, and not taken as seriously, because he's not dead."

something about that makes me laugh. :) it's about time someone spoke up for Paul!

I agree, it's nice to read something like that about McCartney. So what if he writes love songs? If there were really something wrong with love songs, there'd be something wrong with love.

verte76 said:
I agree, it's nice to read something like that about McCartney. So what if he writes love songs? If there were really something wrong with love songs, there'd be something wrong with love.

some people want to fill the world with silly love songs!
and what's wrong with that?

:reject:

Kristie said:

some people want to fill the world with silly love songs!
and what's wrong with that?

:reject:

:lmao: Thanks Kristie! That was very funny!

I always wondered what Bono thought of Paul since he obviously admires John Lennon.

Back
Top Bottom