(12-10-2002) Official word on the future of Propaganda - Exclusive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Official word on the future of Propaganda - Exclusive

From Terri at Propaganda:
U2 hasn't made that ultimate decision on how to handle Propaganda yet. Yes, it will be shutting down and that's a definite, but whether there will be a FINAL issue is the question. Either that or U2 will advise us to go ahead and send refunds. When they do make that decision, all members will know one way or another.

She also asked me to thank everyone for their patience, and also said "hopefully we'll find out soon what U2's decision is/was!"

Joel

I know I'm being petty and somewhat bitchy, but that still pisses me off. The website is crappy and doesn't work right much of the time, so that leaves out some fans. Plus, you can keep and look over the mags whenever you want. It's something I liked being replaced by online, digital bullshit. And good luck trying to order tickets online. :tsk: Some people saw how great that worked last time.

I'm out of line, probably, but..... :mad: I want my glossy, paper mags full of dreamy pix and funny stories.

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

yeah, i liked getting my propaganda in the mail, not to mention the ticket forms too. i have always had awesome tickets come in the mail. now i have to go and order tickets thru the net. i dont think i'll end up going to any of the concerts at that rate. i'll probably have to resort to ticket scalpers. i am really disappointed.

I need to get in touch with Teri since I'm moving to a new house in January. Don't want my final issue/refund to be lost in the mail.

Propaganda will be missed. :(

I have every issue.

I have Propaganda (grapevine) to thank for introducing me to several good friends that I still have to this day. For giving me the ability to purchase concert tickets with ease since the Zoo TV tour.

Even with all the delays and now the end, Propaganda has been priceless to me, and I thank U2 and all of the people involved in the magazine. :bow: :bow: :wave:

too bad. it's going to be harder to get good seats for their next tour now.

It's hard to imaging the band canning the ticket side of Prop without some form of replacement, perhaps thru private emails and secure on-line forms. Prop can just turn over all it's info to u2.com or whomever for them to modernize the system. That just doesn't seem fair to the long time fans to dump it all together.

Even as I write this, though, I'm a little pessimistic. It will be interesting to see how it all shapes up a year from now.

Propaganda

So, I know I'm coming into the discussion late, but from what I'm getting you all are saying the the print version of Propaganda is shutting down in favour of going totally web based? Is that right?

Not exactly - I think Propaganda is going bye-bye altogether, prolly including their website, since that hasn't been updated in ages. I think the boys are happy with how u2.com has turned out, and think that their site eliminates the need for Propaganda altogether (mag and web forms).

tiny dancer said:
On @u2 webpage it said that might be one more issue of Propaganda coming out. No word when it might be. :yes:

at the current rate of publication.... I'd say... late 2003.

Back
Top Bottom