(11-28-2003) Edge, Bono Preparing for 46664 -- U2.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Edge, Bono Preparing for 46664

Edge and Bono have arrived in South Africa ahead of tomorrow's globally broadcast concert in Cape Town to raise awareness of Africa's Aids plight.

The 46664 concert - billed as the biggest music web event in history - takes place in Cape Town a couple of days before World AIDS Day.

It's part of a worldwide music-led campaign to raise awareness about Aids in Africa, launched by Nelson Mandela.

The five digits - 46664 - represented Mr Mandela's prison number for more than 18 years while he was kept prisoner in South Africa's Robben Island jail.

The concert will be broadcast live on the Web.

Highlights will premiere on MTV channels globally on World AIDS Day ? Monday - and will be made available to TV and radio broadcasters worldwide to a potential audience of more than two billion people.

The 46664 site has details on TV and Radio stations worldwide which will be carrying the concert.

You can listen to to '46664 (Long Walk to Freedom)', featuring Bono, Youssou N'Dour, Abdel and Dave Stewart, the song written for the event, on the phone or online ? and make a donation to the charity.

For more information on the concert, songs and cause, visit www.46664.com.

-- U2.com

thanks for the heads up:)
i went to the website 46664 and there's this section that lists where it will be seen on tv....only problem is that the "scrolling" part does not work!
I need to scroll down to Canada! If anyone can see the TV info on Canada, can you let me and the rest of Canadians know?

thanks! for some reason, the scrolling is not working for me :(
maybe it'll work for someone else! :hyper:

moron here....

okay i got the scrolly thing to work! :hyper:
here's apparently where the concert will be seen in Canada:

MTV Canada, MTV 2, CKSA/CITL, CTV, BCTV (GLOBAL), CKEX, CJON, Much Music, Musique Plus.

:hyper: :hyper:

now i'll check my listings and you check yours and we'll figure out where and when we can see this thing in Canada :up:

okay i've got the Canadian dirt!

okay...i dunno about the rest of the listed channels/ stations...
but here's what i found on muchmusic:

Monday, December 1, 9pm & 1:30am ET, 6pm, 3pm & 7pm PT
4664 - Concert In Association With MTV's Staying Alive
NEW Taking place at Greenpoint Stadium in Cape Town on November 29th, 40,000 people are expected to attend the 3-hour event produced in association with the Nelson Mandela Foundation. Called the '46664' concert - to commemorate Mandela's prison ID number on Robben Island where he was held for 18 years - the broadcast aims to raise awareness of HIV/AIDS in Africa, and to call on citizens around the world to pressure their governments to respond to AIDS as an international emergency.Performers include Anastacia, Baaba Maal, Beyonc?, Bono, Johnny Clegg, The Corrs, Eurythmics, Moloko, Ms. Dynamite, Paul Oakenfold featuring Shifty ShellShock and TC, Ladysmith Black Mombaza, Queen, and Zucchero. The Mandela Foundation will apply funds raised in its work, which provides key services on AIDS in South Africa where 25% of the population has HIV. Canadians wishing to make a donation can call hotline 1-866-614-6664

yay! :hyper:

:wave:
if anyone sees any more info...post it here!
but so far that is what i have found on the Canadian stuff! :up:

Back
Top Bottom