(11-26-2003) REMINDER 46664 Concert Airing Monday -- MTV *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
REMINDER -- 46664 Concert Airing Monday

The Concert in Association with MTV's Staying Alive will take place at Greenpoint Stadium in Cape Town, South Africa on 29th November, the weekend before World AIDS Day. 40,000 people will attend the 3-hour show, which will be broadcast free to hundreds of millions around the world via TV, Webcast and radio. Highlights will premiere on MTV channels globally on World AIDS Day and will be made available rights free at no cost to all TV and radio broadcasters worldwide to a potential audience of more than two billion people. The European Broadcasting Union and the Asian Broadcasting Union will distribute the programme to its member broadcasters. Tiscali, working with other leading online partners, will provide a free live global Web cast.

To date those who have committed to joining leading South African artists on-stage in Cape Town include 50 Cent, Anastacia, Baaba Maal, Beyonce, Bono, Johnny Clegg, The Corrs, Eurythmics, Moloko, Ms. Dynamite, Paul Oakenfold featuring Shifty Shell Shock and TC, Ladysmith Black Mombaza, Queen, and Zucchero. Additional announcements about artists involved in the show will be made soon. As well as stars from the world of music, 46664 is supported by such international figures as Bill Clinton and Oprah Winfrey.

Air dates for the program on MTV are Mon 12/01 at 6:00 PM; Tue 12/02 at 1:00 AM and 11:00 AM; Fri 12/05 at 8:00 AM.

For more information on the 46664 concert and charity, visit www.46664.com. For more on the broadcast, visit www.mtv.com. Stay tuned to Interference.com for coverage of the event.

yeah both Bono and Edge will be there. There gonna play a number and do one with Beyonce as well...as Dallas told me last night. Dallas will be going along too!!!! :) Safe trip Dallas and co. god bless!

:applaud: :dance: Oh yeah-go for it Bono and Edge! I really hope the turn out will be good to support this concert!! And that I can see it too!!:wink: Can't wait to hear B N' B's song together! :hyper: should be gr-8!

Adding that to my list of Stuff to Tape...Thanks for the reminder!! :hyper:

bayernfc said:
Silly question but is this going to be broadcasted in Canada too?.... I'll search for a listing!
hey!
it's not a silly question (coming from another Canadian!!)
:wave:
it better be broadcast in Canada!!!!!!! :hyper:
i'll look around for it...all you Canadians do the same...and we'll help each other out :D

Back
Top Bottom