(11-25-2003) U2 Star Buys Le Zoo Restaurant -- Splash News *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Star Buys Le Zoo Restaurant

U2 star Bono is becoming the latest celebrity to open his own New York restaurant. The rocker has just bought Le Zoo, an already popular cosy French restaurant in Manhattan's trendy West Village area. The singer is now doing it up to add the U2 touch, and plans to open it in the New Year as an Italian restaurant with head chef April Bloomfield, formerly of London's River Caf?.

Bono will no doubt be hoping to get many of his showbusiness friends as regulars--particularly as so many live nearby. Neighbours to the restaurant include Gwyneth Paltrow and boyfriend Chris Martin of Coldplay, Leo Dicaprio, Liv Tyler, "Sex and the City's" Sarah Jessica Parker, and one of Bono's best friends, supermodel Christy Turlington. He will hoping they will make a better success of being a restaurateur than one of the last stars to open their own place Britney Spears. Her Nyla restaurant, in New York's Dylan Hotel, closed last November after just five months and a series of catastrophes, including ultimately bankruptcy.

BP241103B_01.THW

BP241103B_02.THW

BP241103B_03.THW

BP241103B_04.THW

-- Splash News

Thanks Esther!

Last edited:
"Add the U2 touch"?

I don't understand...what would the "U2 touch" be in a restaurant? A massive videowall?? A giant, hollowed-out heart for the bar?

Did they finally sell that giant lemon? It would indeed be suited in this restaurant...

Seriously, is this a true story? Is Bono really going to buy a restaurant called "le zoo"? Does he do that because of the zoo tv connotation? He's not that kind of guy who wants to cultivate the image the band once had.
I really doubt if this is true.

Why does this crack me up?? :lol:

But I'd probably go there. :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom