(11-14-2003) U2 GO HOME Live DVD, OUT MONDAY! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/news/slaneecard.jpg[/SIMG]
U2 GO HOME Live DVD, OUT MONDAY!

U2 Go Home: LIVE FROM SLANE CASTLE, IRELAND, is set for global release on DVD/Video.

Filmed on the 1st September 2001, U2 Go Home is the first ever release to feature U2 playing to a home crowd in Ireland.

Following an 80 date sell-out world tour, U2 headed home for two outdoor shows at Slane Castle in Ireland, where the band played to more than 160,000 people.

To view entire post go to http://www.u2.com/homepage/news141103_1_detail.html

To download U2 Live at Slane - E-Card Exclusive! go to http://www.u2.com/exclusive/excl_sub_detail.html

Last edited:
I'm from London but working in San Francisco this week. If I buy the DVD in the US, will it work back in the UK???

Thanks,
Mr Impatient.

I pre ordered mine from amazon in October. They have this info on their web site:
There are currently 6 global region codes that identify specific DVDs that are compatible with the players typically sold in that region. The majority of all current titles play in only one specific region unless otherwise noted. Most of the DVDs sold by Amazon.com are encoded for Region 1 (U.S. and Canada) only and may not work on DVD players in other countries.

Yeah baby!!!!
I ordered my U2 Go Home Ltd Edition and the 2004 U2 Wall Calendar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!! :hyper: :combust:
I can't wait to get them in me lil hands!

<<<<Is a happy lil U2 Fan!!:love: :happy:

Jim said:
I'm from London but working in San Francisco this week. If I buy the DVD in the US, will it work back in the UK???

Thanks,
Mr Impatient.

I just looked at the video on amazon.com US and this is what it says......

"U.S. and Canada only. This DVD will probably NOT be viewable in other countries. Read more about......"

If you go to amazon.com and look at the Slane concert it will give you an option under "encoding." There's a dvd format link you can click on and it will tell you what countires have dvd compatibilty.

I've bought it this afternoon in Holland, and its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
The sound from the DTS track is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant DVD!!!!!!

HMV stores will be selling it in Canada. I went to the HMV in Montreal and it they list the release date as November 18th, which is Tuesday. I'm not sure if it's the same in the US, but I see no reason why it should be different. Good luck finding it.

U2 Go Home DigiPack

The "U2 Go Home - Live from Slane Castle" DigiPack is available in the Dutch stores (Free Record Shop, Music Store) since Saturday November 15, 2003!

Of course I immediately bought one and enjoyed it very much at home!

For those that would like to know: the bonus track is (indeed) "Mysterious Ways" (unfortunately only in PCM stereo, no DD5.1 or DTS5.1 as far as I can see/hear).

I really wonder what the difference with the jewel case package will be (except for the package itself of course).

Does anybody know which of these two is considered to be the "limited edition"?

These Dutch stores only sell the DigiPack version so far. Their competitor "Van Leest" claims to sell a limited edition and they will start doing so on Monday (November 17, 2003). I will check whether they sell the jewel case or just the same DigiPack...

I bought the dvd last Sunday already (in Holland) and I can say: it's brilliant!!
The bandmembers were relaxed, Bono? voice sounds great and the atmosphere coz the audience....... WOW!!!
It gaved me goosflesh and goosflesh again!

:| My less than a year old TV combo DVD player went out last night. Thank goodness I purchased the 4 year service plan from BestBuy, but who knows how long they will take to fix or replace it. :sad:
My son said, "Mom, you can watch your new U2 dvd on my playstation." :cute:
I hadn't even thought of that, I was like :hyper: :bow: :bow: Santa is gonna be REAL good to him now!!

Woooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got mine today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It came fast...via amazon.com. It shipped out saturday and I got it today! How sweet is that?!!

I highly recommend getting the limited edition..It has that unforgettable fire documentary!

And to top it off, I got the 2004 calendar !

<<<<<<<<<<Is jumping for joy!

Back
Top Bottom