(11-12-2002) U2 Best Of - UPI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.upi.com/

U2 BEST OF
By John Swenson
United Press International

U2's "Electrical Storm," one of two new tracks on "The Best of 1990-2000," is a "connecting point to our next record" guitarist the Edge tells Billboard.com.

"I really think that in terms of arrangement, it's really back to guitar, bass, and drums -- the primary colors of rock 'n' roll. I think that's where we're gonna take the next album," the Edge told Billboard. "I've already started working on rough ideas, which hopefully will go on to become U2 songs at some point.

"But I don't think there's any plans to really get serious about a new studio record between November and December. We might do a couple of weeks and just see what comes out of it. But I think next year, come January, we'll really start getting serious about it."

The Edge told Billboard.com he has been listening to Sonic Youth, the Hives, the Pixies, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and the Mooney Suzuki for inspiration.

"You're always hoping you're going to hear some great new band," he said. "To me, that's the ultimate thrill -- when you hear a band like that for the first time. I'm always looking out for the young bands that are gonna come and give us a run for our money."

Another song on "The Best of 1990-2000," "The Hands That Built America," has been reworked for inclusion in the forthcoming Martin Scorsese film "Gangs of New York."

-0-

Back
Top Bottom