(11-11-2002) U2 returning to the studio - Jam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.canoe.ca/

U2 returning to the studio
By JAM! Music

U2 are getting set to return to the studio to record the follow-up to "All That You Can't Leave Behind."

U2 guitarist The Edge says the band is currently focusing on developing ideas and grasping a musical direction for the new album, reports Billboard.com.

"I don't think there's any plans to really get serious about a new studio record between November and December," the guitarist tells Billboard.com. "We might do a couple of weeks and just see what comes out of it. But I think next year, come January, we'll really start getting serious about it. So, between now and then, it's just a chance to listen to a lot of music and try and come up with some directions and new ideas."

He added that the new album will most likely follow the rock 'n' roll direction of their latest single "Electrical Storm," from the newly released compilation "The Best of 1990-2000."

"I really think that in terms of arrangement, it's really back to guitar, bass and drums -- the primary colours of rock 'n' roll. I think that's where we're gonna take the next album."

"The Hands That Built America," one of U2's new tracks from "The Best Of 1990-2000," will be featured on the soundtrack to Martin Scorsese's long-delayed epic "Gangs Of New York," which is due this Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom