(11-06-2002) U2's 'Beautiful Day' With Broadcast Of Slane Castle Concerts - LAUNCH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://launch.yahoo.com/

NEWS - U2 To Have 'Beautiful Day' With Broadcast Of 2001 Slane Castle Concerts
11/06/2002

(11/6/02, 12 p.m. ET) -- A live U2 concert special will air on CBS Thanksgiving weekend. U2's Beautiful Day, culled from the band's August 25 and September 1, 2001 concerts at Slane Castle in Ireland, is set for November 29 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

The two shows, taken from U2's Elevation tour in support of the album All That You Can't Leave Behind, were the band's first performances at Slane in 20 years. Besides playing there, U2 also recorded parts of the 1984 album The Unforgettable Fire in the castle's ballroom.

Among the songs featured in the show are "Elevation," "Where The Streets Have No Name," "Pride (In The Name Of Love)," "Sunday Bloody Sunday," and "One."

The program, which has already aired in different versions across Europe, also includes behind-the-scenes backstage footage and interviews with band members.

U2 fans are already circulating petitions online requesting an expanded DVD release of the Slane concerts.

U2's The Best Of 1990-2000 collection was released Tuesday (November 5). A DVD version of The Best Of 1990-2000, featuring different songs and bonus features, is due December 3.

-- Darryl Morden, Los Angeles

I still want dvd.....

I want a DVD of Slane really bad , but I'll take what I can get....
I can't wait for this !!!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom