(10-27-03) Christian Artists Cover U2 -- Sparrow Records *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Artists I'd Like to See...

Don't forget...

77s
Daniel Amos
Prayer Chain
Kevin Max
Steve Taylor

theSoulfulMofo said:
the violet burning
CUSH
the Choir
Mike Knott
starflyer59
absinthe blind
honey
guardian (defunct)
Mortal/Fold Zandura
kings x

Here is an ad for the album:

3397%3A58%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2325%3D427%3D9%3A%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232349934%3C597ot1lsi

Song order:

Pillar--Sunday Bloody Sunday
Sanctus Real--Beautiful Day
Starfield--40
Sixpence None The Richer--Love Is Blindness
Audio Adrenaline-Gloria
Nichole Nordeman -Grace
Jars Of Clay--All I Want Is You
tobyMac--Mysterious Ways
Delirious-Pride
Tait--One
Grits--With Or Without You
Todd Agnew--When Love Came To Town
Chris Tomlin--Where The Streets Have No Name

We were able to sweet-talk the guy at the store into letting listen to the demo copy :hyper: I didn't get to listen to each song straight through because we went in after 8 and they closed at 9, but I got a great preview :D My thoughts:

1.Pillar--Sunday Bloody Sunday: A semi-hard version of this song, lots of electric guitars

2.Sanctus Real--Beautiful Day: This is available online so I bet most of you have heard this, I like their version

3.Starfield--40: more guitars and drums, harder than the original version

4. Sixpence None The Richer--Love Is Blindness: very interesting sound to open, alomst like a music box (or maybe xylophone) in place of the original organ part - I didn't recognize the song at first, but overall I like it

5.Audio Adrenaline-Gloria: very similar to original

6.Nichole Nordeman -Grace: an ethereal feel

7.Jars Of Clay--All I Want Is You: not sure about this one yet - almost a blues/country version, rythmn of song is different than original

8.tobyMac w/ Sarah Kelly--Mysterious Ways : music is close to original but like a harder remix

9.Delirious-Pride: very close to original

10.Tait--One: very similar to Edge's original guitar playing

11.Grits w/ Jadyn Maria--With Or Without You: I guess you'd call this a hip-hop remix, the girl singing is very good, there is a rapper kind of talking in the background

12.Todd Agnew--When Love Came To Town: a more gritty blues version, changed lyrics of "I used to make love under a red sunset" to "I used to fall in love"

13.Chris Tomlin--Where The Streets Have No Name: very close to same opening with organ and guitar, this guy sings in a higher voice very easily

They have a nice blurb in the sleeve about what a portion of the proceeds will be going to, a village in Zambia called Mwakankomba (hope I spelled that right!). It will be used to support this village "devastated" by AIDS.

Overall I give this album 2 thumbs up!! :up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom