(09-29-03) Bono Sends His Thanks -- AWF *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono Thanks AWF for Birthday Gift

For Bono's birthday in May, the African Well Fund collected over $10,000 to build 10 wells in Uganda. The organization recently received a thank you note from Bono for his gift.

U2's Principle Management has let us know that Bono sends his thanks to the African Well Fund and all who donated to his birthday well with the following message:

"To The African Well Fund,
Thanks for the booklet... 'U2 O' is the best gift I could have gotten on my birthday. Don't let anyone tell you this stuff is fringe...it's at the very centre of God's purpose for all of us.
Bono, 2003"

We are very grateful for this acknowledgement, but the real reward for each of us is the tangible difference that we know we are making in the lives of Africans! Let's keep focusing on that. Thanks so much everyone for all your hard work and contributions to the fund!

For more information on the African Well Fund, visit www.africanwellfund.org

Thank you Bridget!

awesome:up:
every little bit counts...glad to see that there are some tangible changes being made to improve their lives!

It's the most inspiring thing he could have said to us! And the "U2O" joke is like, SOOOO Bono lol. He love his cheesy puns. <g> :D God I love that man. :hug: :heart:

If anyone ever has any questions, feel free to send me a PM or email me. And keep checking back at the site for news! Particularly next month... ;)

Back
Top Bottom