(09-16-2003) More on Slane DVD -- U2.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Go Home -- Live DVD
U2.com

news_160903_u2dvd.jpg

U2 Go Home: LIVE FROM SLANE CASTLE, IRELAND, will be released on DVD in November.

Filmed on the 1st September 2001, U2 Go Home is the first ever release to feature U2 playing to a home crowd in Ireland.

Following an 80 date sell-out world tour, U2 headed home for two extraordinary outdoor shows at Slane Castle in Ireland, where the band played to more than 160,000 people.

This homecoming concert will be released on DVD by Universal Island Records on November 17th.

U2 Go Home charts an emotional return for the band: in 1984 it was at Slane Castle where the band had recorded their landmark fourth album, an event which was captured in The Unforgettable Fire documentary. The documentary is released with the new DVD, re-mastered and re-graded for the first time.

The Elevation shows also marked the 20th anniversary of the band?s first appearance at Slane, supporting another legendary Irish rock band Thin Lizzy, at the inaugural Slane Castle Festival.

The new DVD includes a bonus track, and DVD ROM special features include U2 calendar, screensavers and weblinks plus three songs shot on ?Spincam? allowing the viewer an interactive, 360 degree view of the concert.

U2 Go Home is presented in PCM Stereo, DTS and Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. Aspect ratio 16:9.

Here?s the tracklisting:

Performance from Slane, 1st September
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until The End Of The World
New Year?s Day
Out Of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Wake Up Dead Man
Stuck In A Moment You Can?t Get Out Of
Kite
Angel Of Harlem
Desire
Staring At The Sun
All I Want Is You
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Bullet The Blue Sky
With Or Without You
One
Walk On

The Unforgettable Fire documentary:
More information as we get it.

Bonus track? mmm..... 'Red Hill Mining Town' video anyone?! ;)

Nuts. I completely forgot they played two shows at Slane Castle. and that the second night's setlist wasn't as surprising. I was so looking forward to "A Sort of Homecoming" on the DVD...

Well, maybe it'll be the bonus track!

Last edited:
Jim said:
Bonus track? mmm..... 'Red Hill Mining Town' video anyone?! ;)

How FREAKIN cool would that be, I ask you? I mean...really...that video needs to surface sometime soon.

Wouldn't you love to see them play RHMT live though? After all, it is the ONLY track off JT that hasn't EVER been played live. Leave it to Bono to create an INCREDIBLE track like that, and then not to be able to add it to a live setlist. Before I die, I'VE GOT TO HEAR IT LIVE!!!!

Hm. . . having been at Slane 1, I can provide some perspective on why there is absolutely no chance Homecoming will appear on any official release. It was wonderful to hear and a huge surprise, but the band did not have the song down (to put it mildly). U2 has always been very picky about officially releasing "imperfect" versions of their songs (as are most artists).

I'm glad they chose Slane 2 to release. The atmosphere at Slane 1 was rather over-emotional (rather unique, but perhaps not suited to public release). I think the band were looser at Slane 2.

I'm glad a live version of Out of Control will finally be provided to the fans in an official release. I think it's really an underrated song (hopefully not around here though).

:hyper:Oh! The Unforgettable Fire documentary remastered! Oh! :hyper:

I LOVE that!! :love:

YAY :dance: :applaud:

Oh yeah...can't wait to see the Slane concert too. :reject: Gah...'Red Hill Mining Town' would be AMAZING to see as a Bonus Track. I still hope they have band commentary on here as previously rumored.

:wave:

Yeah - where is Mysterious Ways??? The version on the Elevation Tour was I think the best and loosest version of the song so why do they ommit it from both DVDs? In the same breath they in include 'Desire' and 'Pride' which are overplayed and not as good.

This band baffle me with their decisions sometimes...!

Jim said:
Yeah - where is Mysterious Ways??? The version on the Elevation Tour was I think the best and loosest version of the song so why do they ommit it from both DVDs? In the same breath they in include 'Desire' and 'Pride' which are overplayed and not as good.

This band baffle me with their decisions sometimes...!

Bono brought his daughter, Eve, on stage to dance with him during that song at Slane 2. Maybe that has something to do with it (wanting to protect her privacy, etc) :shrug:

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this DVD :hyper: :yes:

I think MW from the 1st Slane show will be the bonus track....
....and i think kellyahern is rigth....the reason why the MW of the second Slane show is missing, because Bono don't want to see any of his children on a official release, to protect their privacy....

Great about the Unforgettable Fire doc! I don't why but I have never seen it! drool! sounds like the dvd will have a bit of something for everyone! Also my home cinema has DTS too so that will sound like really being there!

Great but we are now STILL waiting for a full official live release. Don't want to seem ungrateful but I sighed when I saw that they omitted MW, thought they might go all the way this time.

Still buy it though :)

Back
Top Bottom