(09-15-03) U2 Live from Slane DVD to be Released in November -- HotPress.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/news/u2gohome.gif[/SIMG]
U2 Live from Slane DVD to be Released in November

HotPress.com has announced that U2's Slane DVD, to be called "Go Home: U2 Live from Slane Castle," will be released in November. The site also reveals the cover art for the disc, special features and that The Edge had "mooted" plans to have the show released last Christmas.

http://www.hotpress.com/music/news/2679390.html

You must be a registered member to read the HotPress.com article.

Last edited by a moderator:
november! maybe it'll be around my b-day (nov 5th!) i'm excited already cause the indiana jones trilogy comes out on DVD the day after my b-day, so i'll definitely ask for a gift certificate to best buy or something to that effect.

Nov. 17th 2003

I think it was mentioned on several sites before, wasn't it?

Nov. 17th 2003 in Europe, US one day later i think.

That's waht Universal told u2tour.de and several other sites....

Re: Nov. 17th 2003

xidi said:
I think it was mentioned on several sites before, wasn't it?

Nov. 17th 2003 in Europe, US one day later i think.

That's waht Universal told u2tour.de and several other sites....

Australia is included too right?

Very strange that the only news of this dvd seems to be coming from European and/or South American sites.
Is this going to be released in the US??????

found this on : http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/vid010.html

The bonus video track is rumoured to be Mysterious Ways which is not included in the main tracklisting. It will likely be an easter egg that fans will have to find.

The Unforgettable Fire Documentary is the documentary portion of the videocassette The Unforgettable Fire Collection which has never been released on DVD to this point.

Two editions are currently being planned for release in the USA, a limited edition digipack case (UPC: 6 02498 11969 3) and a regular DVD jewel case edition (UPC: 6 02498 13514 3). The limited release digipack will be more expensive than the regular jewel case edition. Suggested prices in the USA are $26.98 and $19.98 respectively. It is unknown at this time if the digipack will include any extras to justify the higher price point, or if this limited release will be available in other markets (but it most likely will if plans for a limited release go ahead for the USA).
Other contents on the DVD will be a DVD Rom section, including a

U2 calendar, screen savers, and weblinks.
Three songs will be included as filmed in "Spincam", allowing the viewer a 360o view of the concert experience.
Sound on the recording will be in PCM stereo, DTS, and Dolby Digital 5.1

The aspect ratio of the video is 16:9
Front cover is as pictured above. According to preliminary promotional information, the back cover may feature a background with images of fans at the show, overlayed with additional photos taken at the Slane concert, a tracklisting, notes about the show similar to what was released in the press release earlier this year.

The DVD will be released November 17, 2003 in Europe, Australia and the rest of the world. North America as usual will have to wait an additional day until November 18, 2003.
Thanks to Didi at u2tour.de for the artwork from the front cover.
All information is preliminary at this point and subject to change still. We will report any changes as the information becomes available.
--------------------------------

so australia are defintly getting it too :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom