(09-04-2002) U2 Release Best Of ?90s Tracklisting - ChartAttack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.chartattack.com/

U2 Release Best Of ?90s Tracklisting
Tuesday September 03, 2002 @ 05:30 PM
By: ChartAttack.com Staff

02-u2.jpg

U2

Usually Greatest Hits compilations don't generate a whole lot of hoopla (note to fans: You already own most of this music ? go listen to your old records), but for some reason, people are mighty excited about the upcoming U2 Best Of disc. The long-awaited CD, which brings together the band's biggest songs of the ?90s, is set for release on November 4 and the band have just announced a detailed track listing on their official website.

In addition to the cream of U2's five ?90s releases ? Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Passengers: Original Soundtracks, Pop and the career rejuvenating All That You Can't Leave Behind ? the band have, unsurprisingly, thrown in two previously unreleased songs: "Electric Storm" (William Orbit mix), which will serve as a single for the collection and the unfortunately titled "The Hands That Built America," which was recorded for the soundtrack of Martin Scorsese's long delayed Gangs Of New York. As expected, songs like "Even Better Than The Real Thing," "One," "Beautiful Day" and "Until The End Of The World" appear in their original versions, while tracks like "Numb" and "Discotheque" are given new mixes by fancy producer-types.

Of course, the Best Of disc will be accompanied with plenty of other things for U2 fans to buy. The band have also OKed a second B-sides disc (they pulled the same trick with their Best Of ?80s comp). That album will be released as a limited edition CD, also on Novmeber 4. As if that wasn't enough ?90s-era U2, Bono and Co. will also spin out a DVD compilation of their ?90s hits, which is due out on December 2.

Finally, U2 will start their Best Of promotional attack with a video for the "Electric Storm" single. The video will be directed by Anton Corbijn and will star actress Samantha Morton (Minority Report). The single will be available commercially on two separate CDs (with different B-sides) and as a DVD that will include the video.

Best Of 1990-2000 tracklisting:

"Even Better Than The Real Thing"
"Mysterious Ways"
"Beautiful Day"
"Electrical Storm" (William Orbit Mix) (new song)
"One"
"Miss Sarajevo"
"Stay (Faraway, So Close!)"
"Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of"
"Gone" (new mix)
"Until The End Of The World"
"The Hands That Built America" (new song)
"Discotheque" (new mix)
"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"
"Staring At The Sun" (new mix)
"Numb" (new mix)
"The First Time"

B-sides tracklisting:

"Lady With The Spinning Head" (Extended Dance Mix)
"Dirty Day" (Junk Day Mix)
"Electrical Storm"
"Summer Rain"
"North & South Of The River"
"Your Blue Room"
"Happiness Is A Warm Gun" (The Gun Mix)
"Salome" (Zooromancer Mix)
"Even Better Than The Real Thing" (Perfecto Mix)
"Numb" (Give Me Some More Dignity Mix)
"Mysterious Ways" (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
"If God Will Send His Angels" (Big Yam Mix)
"Lemon" (Jeep Mix)
"Discotheque" (Hexidecimal Mix)

Back
Top Bottom