(09-03-2002) U2's Hits LP To Include B-Sides Album, Bonus DVD - MTV News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.mtv.com/

U2's Hits LP To Include B-Sides Album, Bonus DVD
09.03.2002 5:27 PM EDT

sq-u2-bestof-u2com.jpg

U2
Photo: U2.com

Like the greatest-hits package that preceded it, the upcoming U2: The Best of 1990-2000 will include a limited edition B-sides album. When it hits stores on November 5, the follow-up to U2: The Best of 1980-1990 will be accompanied by The Best of the B-Sides, a collection of 14 non-album favorites including "Summer Rain" and "Your Blue Room."

Ten of the tracks on the B-sides album are remixes, including Paul Oakenfold's popular take on "Even Better Than the Real Thing."

William Orbit's remix of the new single "Electrical Storm" is featured on U2: The Best of 1990-2000, while the original version is on the B-sides collection.

U2 and director Anton Corbijn (Metallica, Depeche Mode) recently filmed a video for the single that will star Samantha Morton ("Minority Report") as a mermaid (see "U2 Turn 'Minority' Pre-Cog Into Mermaid For New Video").

One other new song, "The Hands That Built America," is included among the 16 tracks on U2: The Best of 1990-2000. Other favorites are "One," "Mysterious Ways" and "Beautiful Day."

All That You Can't Leave Behind producer Mike Hedges (the Cure) reworked four past hits ? "Discotheque," "Gone," "Numb" and "Staring at the Sun" ? specifically for the compilation.

Along with the The Best of the B-Sides, the new greatest-hits set will also include a bonus DVD featuring a montage titled "History Mix of U2 in the '90s."

A complete DVD version of "Best of 1990-2000," featuring U2's videos over the decade along with alternative versions of clips made for different countries, will be released on December 3. It will also include six bonus tracks ? "Please," "If God Will Send His Angels," "Wild Horses," "Lemon," "Last Night on Earth" and "Mofo" ? and the documentary "The Road to Sarajevo," filmed as U2 prepared to perform in the Bosnian capital in 1997.

U2: The Best of 1990-2000 track list, according to Interscope:

"Even Better Than the Real Thing"
"Mysterious Ways"
"Beautiful Day"
"Electrical Storm" (William Orbit Mix)
"One"
"Miss Sarajevo"
"Stay (Faraway, So Close!)"
"Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of"
"Gone"
"Until the End of the World"
"The Hands That Built America"
"Discotheque"
"Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"
"Staring at the Sun"
"Numb"
"The First Time"

The Best of the B-Sides track list, according to Interscope:

"Lady With the Spinning Head" (Extended Dance Mix)
"Dirty Day" (Junk Day Mix)
"Electrical Storm"
"Summer Rain"
"North & South of the River"
"Your Blue Room"
"Happiness Is a Warm Gun" (The Gun Mix)
"Salome" (Zooromancer Mix)
"Even Better Than the Real Thing" (Perfecto Mix)
"Numb" (Give Me Some More Dignity Mix)
"Mysterious Ways" (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
"If God Will Send His Angels" (Big Yam Mix)
"Lemon" (Jeep Mix)
"Discotheque" (Hexidecimal Mix)

?Corey Moss

Back
Top Bottom