(09-03-2002) U2 Pick Best From Second Decade - RollingStone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://rollingstone.com/

U2 Pick Best From Second Decade

New compilation will feature two new tracks

00305948.JPG

U2 will release Best of 1990-2000 on November 5th. The sixteen-track compilation will pick up where the group's previous hits package, Best of 1980-1990, left off, including songs from Achtung Baby!, Zooropa, Pop and 2000's Grammy-gilded comeback hit All That You Can't Leave Behind.
The compilation will include a pair of new songs: the William Orbit-mixed "Electrical Storm," which has already been making its way through radio airwaves, and "The Hands That Built America," a track from the soundtrack to Martin Scorsese's upcoming film, The Gangs of New York. Also included are some odds and ends singles that didn't appear on proper U2 albums, including "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" from 1995's Batman Forever soundtrack, and "Miss Sarajevo" from the Brian Eno collaboration Passengers: Original Soundtracks I. New mixes of Pop's "Discotheque," "Gone" and "Staring at the Sun," and Zooropa's "Numb" are also included.

A Best of 1990-2000 DVD will be released on December 3rd, with video clips from the tracks included on the album, as well as commentary from the directors, including Wim Wenders, Anton Corbijn (who recently shot a clip for "Electrical Storm") and Jonas Akerlund. A short documentary, The Road to Sarajevo, is also featured, along with performance footage from the group's 1997 concert in the Bosnian capital.

The Best of 1990-2000 will be issued in a limited-edition run with a bonus CD, The Best of the B-sides, which features some rare material as well as remixed versions of previously released U2 songs by Paul Oakenfold, Alan Moulder and others.

Track listing for Best of 1990-2000:

Even Better Than the Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
Beautiful Day
Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
One
Miss Sarajevo
Stay (Faraway, So Close)
Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
Gone (new mix)
Until the End of the World
The Hands That Built America
Discotheque (new mix)
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Staring at the Sun (new mix)
Numb (new mix)
The First Time

Bonus CD track listing:

Lady With the Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)
Electrical Storm
Summer Rain
North and South of the River
Your Blue Room
Happiness Is a Warm Gun (The Gun Mix)
Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
Even Better Than the Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
Numb (Give Me Some More Dignity Mix)
Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Mix)
If God Will Send His Angels (Big Yam Mix)
Lemon (Jeep Mix)
Discotheque (Hexidecimal Mix)

ANDREW DANSBY
(September 3, 2002)

Back
Top Bottom