(09-03-2002) U2: Best of 1990-2000, Plus New Single and DVD - Interscope Records

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
INTERSCOPE RECORDS PRESS RELEASE

U2: Best of 1990-2000
Plus New Single & DVD

The second volume of U2?s Best Of collection will be released by Interscope Records November 5, 2002. Covering the years from 1990 to 2000, the 16 tracks are highlights from the albums Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Passengers: Original Soundtracks 1, Pop and All That You Can?t Leave Behind. Two brand new tracks have been recorded for this set: ?Electrical Storm,? which will be the album?s first single, and ?The Hands That Built America,? which will be featured on the soundtrack to the forthcoming Martin Scorcese film ?The Gangs of New York? released by Miramax in December 2002. The video for ?Electrical Storm? is directed by Anton Corbijn and features Oscar-nominated actress Samantha Morton. Morton most recently starred opposite Tom Cruise in Steven Spielberg?s summer blockbuster ?Minority Report.?

In addition, ?Discoth?que,? ?Gone,? ?Numb? and ?Staring At The Sun? have been substantially reworked by legendary producer Mike Hedges.

The album?s tracklisting is as follows:

1. Even Better Than The Real Thing
2. Mysterious Ways
3. Beautiful Day
4. Electrical Storm (William Orbit Mix)
5. One
6. Miss Sarajevo
7. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
8. Stuck in a Moment You Can?t Get Out Of
9. Gone (new mix)
10. Until The End Of The World
11. The Hands That Built America
12. Discoth?que (new mix)
13. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
14. Staring At The Sun (new mix)
15. Numb (new mix)
16. The First Time

A strictly limited edition run of U2: The Best of 1990-2000 will feature a second CD collection, The Best Of The B-Sides, as well as a bonus DVD with exclusive content including the History Mix of U2 in the ?90s. Many of the tracks on the B-sides collection are remixes of U2 tracks by leading DJs and producers, including Paul Oakenfold and Alan Moulder.

The B-sides tracklisting is as follows:

1. Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)
2. Dirty Day (Junk Day Mix)
3. Electrical Storm
4. Summer Rain
5. North & South Of The River
6. Your Blue Room
7. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (The Gun Mix)
8. Salome (Zooromancer Mix)
9. Even Better Than The Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
10. Numb (Give Me Some More Dignity Mix)
11. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Club Mix)
12. If God Will Send His Angels (Big Yam Mix)
13. Lemon (Jeep Mix)
14. Discoth?que (Hexidecimal Mix)

This collection follows the release in 1998 of The Best of 1980 ? 1990, which topped the charts and achieved platinum sales throughout the world. The 1990s was a period of reinvention and experimentation for U2, embracing rapidly developing technology and incorporating it into their distinctive sound.

Finally, a Best of 1990 ? 2000 DVD will be released on December 3 and will feature promo videos of tracks from the A-sides CD, complete with commentary by the directors, who include Wim Wenders, Kevin Godley, Stephane Sednaoui, Anton Corbijn and Jonas Akerlund. Six bonus tracks are included on the DVD ? ?Please,? ? If God Will Send His Angels,? ?Wild Horses,? ?Lemon,? ?Last Night On Earth? and ?MoFo.? In addition, many of the tracks feature alternative versions of the clips made for different countries, as early cuts or to accompany different mixes. Further exclusive content includes a mini documentary, The Road To Sarajevo, filmed in the Bosnian capital in the run up to U2?s historic 1997 concert and complete with performance footage.

Back
Top Bottom