(08-24-2003) U2 To Rock Phoenix Park in 2004 - The Irish Mirror *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i agree with you on that point mango... scheduling before the album is done is something they should know not to do...

or perhaps they have already finished the album and are in post-production right now...

perhaps that's why they decided to head out on vacation...and that they're just smerking at us in that picture in people... 'cause they know the album is done and aren't telling anyone...
peoplemag.jpg

*pops in after long absence*

Opens up Ireland 2004 savings account.

Put's 20 dollars in it this week.

If this happens, I am SO GOING.

OMG!

p.s. U2 can totally sell out stadiums in the US. R U kidding?? :lol:

This is great news!!! I loved the arena tour BUT since I didn't go to the Zoo tv tour I would like to see U2 in a Stadium tour. No matter what though, It 's going to be great to see them again! Oh also it would be awesome to see them at Phoenix Park.....mmmm I guess it's time to save and take an Irish vacation.

Apparently, it's not happening. Just read about it at u2page.com. Only one show is to be scheduled at Phoenix Park per year, and U2 are nowhere in the plans for next year. I don't know who starts these things. But just don't believe anything until it's officially announced.

My guess is that security guard at the Stones show would be more right. Tour begining in May in North American and September in Europe with arenas, and then going into stadiums in 2005 if all goes well. Joe O'hearily said something along these lines too. I'd put money on that before I'd put money on a stadium tour next year.

Well sounds good but I just have a bad feeling about being at the back off 100k people! I mean I was at Slane but that was a hill so it was perfect but this is flat ground.

Anyway, mighn't even be true but it would give a lot of hope if it was because I was already getting worried about getting tickets. With 100k tickets for each venue I might have a shot!

Anyways, rest assured, if it's on I'll be there!

Not gonna happen folks. this from U2log.com (also saw it somewhere else, besides here at interference)

Representatives for concert promoter MCD Productions have dismissed the rumor that U2 are planning to perform at Phoenix Park next summer.

The park is available to only three major music events each year, with two of those concerts required to be free. MCD Productions told the Irish Independent (reg. req.) that the concert being planned at the park in 2004 is with a different band. If U2 want to perform at Phoenix Park next year, they will have to petition the Department of the Environment for permission.

Obviously they did not get the memo that said I'd be in Dublin in June, not August. :angry:

(although, frankly, a concert that size sounds like nothing but a huge nightmare to me) :no:

ok, just read the above post. never mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom