(08-11-2003) New U2 Song on interMission Soundtrack? - Hot Press *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.hotpress.com/

Colin Farrell to release single

Hollywood's favourite Dub dapples in music for the soundtrack to his new film

Not content with appearing in front of the camera, Colin Farrell has covered The Bobby Fuller Four's 'I Fought The Law' for his new film, interMission, which opens here on August 29.

Described as "an urban love story about people adrift and their convoluted journeys in the search for some kind of love", it's produced by Stephen Wooley, Neil Jordan and Alan Moloney and also stars Shirley Henderson, Kelly MacDonald, Colm Meaney, Cillian Murphy and Barbara Bergin.

Farrell ? whose vocal style is best described as "Keith Duffy meets Shane MacGowan" ? recorded the song during a brief visit to Dublin in March.

"We sort of bolted it together," says producer Frank Kearns. "I played guitar on it and did the recording in my own Salt Studios and then laid Colin's vocal on top in Windmill Lane. It's more like the Clash version than than the original ? very raw and obviously made in Ireland!"

Released on the same day as the film, the soundtrack also features a track apiece from U2, The Thrills, Turin Breaks, Ron Sexsmith, Relish, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Fonda 500, Magnetic Fields, Clannad and John Murphy.

Thanks to Devlin!

Colin Farell + I Fought The Law? I don't quite like the sound of that. Still, looks interesting, and I'll probably watch the film too 'cos I'm a sucker for these type of things.

Hello,

But I fear it won't be an exclusive U2 track, probably they'll include Pride for the 287th time. Or One for the 365th time... :p

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Hello,

But I fear it won't be an exclusive U2 track, probably they'll include Pride for the 287th time. Or One for the 365th time... :p

Marty

I agree...there is nothing in the article that leads us to believe we will be blessed with NEW U2 music!

Except that the movie comes out in UK and Ireland this fall, and the US in early 2004. Which may mean the first single will be on it. (according to @u2)

But yeah, it probably isn't coming out. Colin Ferrell isn't singing, there is no movie called Intermission.....U2 probably aren't even working on new songs! I'd put this down as falsified information.

Well this movie has already premiered weeks ago at an Irish film festival, so I doubt it has a new U2 track on it.

I've heard the Colin Farrell tune, they've been playing it on TodayFM [Irish radio station] recently... It's kind of cool but not hardly the best song of the year or anything.

--DF

Back
Top Bottom