(07-17-2003) Bono is a Pop Culture Icon! - VH1 *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.vh1.com/sitewide/promoimages/t/the_greatest/200_greatest_icons/380x134.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono gets Iconic on VH1!

VH1 has once again compiled another compelling pop culture list to get us talking and debating - The Greatest: 200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons will be a whole week's worth of icon-mania! It all starts on Monday, July 21 at 9/8c PM. Not only will Bono be featured, but many more of your other favorites, such as Brat Packer Molly Ringwald and comedienne Lucille Ball.

No word yet on where in the 200 icons Bono has placed.

Visit vh1.com for more details!

Thanks to Devlin!

There is something coming on tomorrow on VH1 at 10am (eastern) and then again at 4pm call Trio on tour, U2 ? Don't know what this is, but I'm going to try to catch what I can at work, and that is going to be a challenge in it's self..

rockontv.com says it will be on:
7/24-9PM
7/25-1AM
7/25-11AM
7/25-7PM
7/26-6pm
7/27-2pm

since those are various times & it has the same people listed to be on those episodes i'd presume it's the same episode. So look for it at those times!

verte76 said:
I'm not that crazy about VH-1's lists, either, but they've said some pretty cool things about Bono and U2.

If memory serves, I believe VH-1 sponsored the Elevation Tours.
Almost sure it said it on one my tix "VH-1 presents.."
:wave: :wave: :wave:
I only wish VH-1 would show U2 videos!! :wave:

sue4u2 said:
There is something coming on tomorrow on VH1 at 10am (eastern) and then again at 4pm call Trio on tour, U2 ? Don't know what this is, but I'm going to try to catch what I can at work, and that is going to be a challenge in it's self..

Yeah, it was that "Best of 1990-2000" show again. Trio's showed it off and on throughout the months this year.

I still like watching the lists on VH1. Granted, I don't always agree with the lists (basically, I agree with a lot of who or what is put on there, but I just don't agree with the rankings), but I still watch anyway, just for fun.

And this'll be neat. It's cool that Bono's in there-I wonder how high up on the list he's mentioned...we'll find out soon enough.

That is the nice thing about VH1...they're pro-U2. :).

Originally posted by RockNRollDawgie
I only wish VH-1 would show U2 videos!!

Yes. So do I. Particularly some of their older ones, so I could have them on a tape and not have to see them on the computer.

Angela

Seabird said:
VH1 has gone downhill since 2001 :grumpy:

Hey, mods, check out PLEBA- we have a new Bono story there, with pics. He's at Nelson Mandela's party! That belongs on the news list!

Yes. :mad:
What gets me is VH-1 has these 80s specials all the time,
and they never show one U2 video!! :no:

:wave: :wave: :wave:

VHi runs those " I Love the 80's" shows all the time it seems.
You are right, most of them are lacking in U2 content-but if you watch the 1987 edition, they do a nice little U2 thing right at the end of it.

Seabird said:

Hey, mods, check out PLEBA- we have a new Bono story there, with pics. He's at Nelson Mandela's party! That belongs on the news list!

We had it on the news list immediately. :)

Back
Top Bottom