(07-14-2003) Former U2 Stylist Gets Book Published - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/1904034942.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/SIMG]
Lola Cashman gets her day in print

For U2 fans who will remember the tale of Lola Cashman - the one time employee/stylist of U2 who threatened to write a tell-all book about her tenure with the band - has gone ahead and done just that. Inside the Zoo With U2 will be published in September 2003 by Blake Publishing, Ltd.

The details from Amazon.com:

Synopsis
Lola Cashman is one of the few people ever to have been allowed into the inner sanctum of the U2 entourage. Hired by Bono to completely overhaul the band's image, she gained a fascinating insight into one of the biggest bands in the world. The tales she has to tell should intrigue any of the band's millions of fans - tales of Bono's desperate insecurity about his height, tales of punch-ups with major Hollywood music stars, and of course tales of the music and madness of life on the road with the band.

For more information on this title, visit:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...im_b_dp_3/202-8979404-3825413#product-details

1904034942.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Many thanks to Dev and EdgeVox!

Wait, isn't this the woman they were upset with for auctioning off stuff they gave her? I don't think the band are happy about this book :uhoh:

U2Lady said:
Wait, isn't this the woman they were upset with for auctioning off stuff they gave her? I don't think the band are happy about this book :uhoh:

That's what I was thinking. :eyebrow: Oh well

Of course, how do we know any of it is true? It will be interesting to hear what the band has to say about it.

STING2 said:
Of course, how do we know any of it is true? It will be interesting to hear what the band has to say about it.

You're right on the money, Sting. How do we know what's true and what's complete fabrication? That's the problem with any "kiss and tell". I don't like "kiss and tells" because of their exploitative and untrustworthy nature. I probably won't even read the damn thing. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored:

i agree verte, i won't read it either. who wants to see our favorite stars get tarnished by someone with an unknown agenda?

I agree with Martha (above)..it might be an interesting read...Dont assume its tabloid trash..u2 arent saints(sorry to break it to a few of you) and thank god for that.

Christine

Last edited:
I think I'll skip this book as well. If it's by the same person that got into trouble for something else then how trustworthy does that make it?

I'm a skeptic when it comes to books about them, for reasons that just because she was their "stylist" doesn't give her any points with creditability. EVEN if she got other "sources" she could and her publicist, could easily drum up and mix around people's words. Which anyone could do with ANY book, even people who are "friends" of the band.

I don't trust anything about the band unless it comes from the band's mouth. And whatever they don't say they obviously want to keep private, and it SHOULD remain that way. Anything else people drum up is purely gossip to me.

I think it's just another piece of tabloid crap.

My 2 cents.

This book is sure to stir the pot even more when it is released. I'll read it, 'cos there isn't too much I don't know about U2 that I haven't already read somewhere else. The way I see it all the Superstars have their dirt dished at some point. U2 have been lucky that it took 23 years before someone stooped to this level. I'm sure any controversy that this book might have will be brushed away with a great new U2 CD. I'm sure.

She "got into trouble" for trying to sell her property. That's all. It may be bullshit and it may not, but to dimiss it as such just because it may paint an unflattering picture of the band is a bit starry-eyed. And believing only "what comes from the band's mouth" is naive to say the least. I'm sure that most of the people here are quick to relish the dirt of Britney and J. Lo. But God help us if our boys have something to hide! :rolleyes:

martha said:
She "got into trouble" for trying to sell her property. That's all. It may be bullshit and it may not, but to dimiss it as such just because it may paint an unflattering picture of the band is a bit starry-eyed. And believing only "what comes from the band's mouth" is naive to say the least. I'm sure that most of the people here are quick to relish the dirt of Britney and J. Lo. But God help us if our boys have something to hide! :rolleyes:

I guess I didn't explain my post very clearly. I feel the need to defend myself. I'm not trying to start world war three here, I'm just giving my 2 cents about this like everyone else. And I don't think it's fair to criticize my view points when others here too have expressed theres and I have not said one word about yours. You have yours and I have mine. And to assume this about me, you're doing the same thing your'e accusing me of.

I'm not trying to paint a "naive" picture of the band. I know FULLY well they're not saints. But they are human like the rest of us. And I know I wouldn't want someone writing a book about me airing out all of my dirty laundry. All I'm saying is some things are best left private. And I just can't count someone creditable if they've gotten into trouble with the band before.

Time to unsubcribe from this thread... I shouldn't have to defend myself for my own opinion.

:no:

Last edited:
Bonofied U said:

I'm not trying to paint a "naive" picture of the band. I know FULLY well they're not saints. But they are human like the rest of us. And I know I wouldn't want someone writing a book about me airing out all of my dirty laundry. All I'm saying is some things are best left private. And I just can't count someone creditable if they've gotten into trouble with the band before.

Time to unsubcribe from this thread... I shouldn't have to defend myself for my own opinion.

:no:

U2 are human like the rest of us. I'm sure they've done stuff
they'd better be left forgotten.
The woman who wrote this book has a history of only being in
it for the money. She tried to sell U2 stuff without the band's
consent, if memory serves me well.
This book may have tons of sources, but I for one am not interested in these "kiss and tell" books.
If you want to read this book...fine. Don't get on somebody's
case, because they don't want to read this type of book.
:no: :wave: :no:

Hell, there's some stuff in Flanagan that's less than flattering. I know these guys aren't saints. If you want to read this book fine. I don't like "kiss and tell" type books because I think they're exploitative and untrustworthy. If you're writing something just to sell books I'm not going to read it. It's not a matter of someone writing something "bad" about the band. They're humann. They do stupid things like the rest of us. Unfortunately sometimes people write stuff about famous people that's not true or whatever just to sell books. I don't like this. I work in a library and I see :censored: like this all the time. I know what kind of books I like. This isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Doens;t anyone remember the books Albert Goodman wrote about Elvis and John Lennon and there is the new book about the Kennedys out now the only purpose books like this serve as far as I am concerned is too be explotive there are certianly not gret literature and ten to one odds this is that kind of book too!

Yes, I remember the :censored: Albert Goldman wrote about Elvis and John Lennon. He treated them like idiots. He was a character assassin. There's that new thing about JFK Jr. and his marriage, claiming all sorts of stuff about drugs, etc, etc. It'll sell books---but is it true? This "kiss and tell" stuff can be damned sinister. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I found it interesting the way Amazon promoted it... if it is really as bad as I suspect it will be....why didn't the prepublishing blurb say so....

popsadie said:
I found it interesting the way Amazon promoted it... if it is really as bad as I suspect it will be....why didn't the prepublishing blurb say so....

If Amazon is promoting the book are they going to tell us it's :censored:?? We'll see just how "scandalous" this thing is. I'm just so familiar with this kind of thing, working in a library. I've seen "kiss and tells" ever since they came out with the Princess Di stuff, so.............she wasn't a saint either but holy smokes, she hardly deserved that :censored:.

*Makes purchase just to get the pic on the cover* :combust:

Hell the lady has balls to take on the Irish mafia. ;)

I don't know about this. I don't like tell-all books either, but, I can't help but be curious.

I wouldn't buy the book. I'll just skim through if I see it on the bookshelves, and see if there's anything interesting. I might even check out to see what people on Amazon thought about it, and if there's anything fascinating they'd want to point out. But other than that, I wouldn't buy. Its not worth my shelf space, since its not a legitimate U2 book, and by the sounds of it, it's not going to flatter the band in anyway, because tell-alls usually exagerrate things or reveal something someone wouldn't want to be revealed.

I'll probably feel guilty about doing this. But curiosity would get the worst of me, and, hey, it may be interesting. And once I'm done fulfilling my curiousity, I'll decide for myself if whether what she says is true or not.

Perle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom