(07-12-2002) Martin: 'Bono's had a hair transplant' - ITV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.itv.com

Entertainment News

"But someone famous, someone who knows, told me Bono's had a hair transplant" - Coldplay's Chris Martin

Martin: 'Bono's had a hair transplant'
19.47PM BST, 12 Jul 2002

bono_sm.jpg

U2's frontman Bono will feel the hairs on his neck rising after Coldplay's lead singer claimed the Irish superstar had undergone a hair transplant.

In a magazine interview, Chris Martin said Bono had been hiding a thinning thatch by plugging it with implants.

Martin, who has been worried about his own dwindling follicles, said: "I'm 25 and I'm really worried I'll be bald by next year.

"But someone famous, someone who knows, told me Bono's had a hair transplant.

"Can you believe it? Bono? Some of those tufts have been stitched in. So there's hope for me yet."

However a spokeswoman for Bono quickly denied the suggestion, saying: "Ha, ha, ha, what a load of nonsense."

For years, Bono sported a mullet hairdo and has had several different styles since.

Like Elvis, he dyed his hair black for much of his life, but reverted to his own natural red colour in the mid-90s when he favoured a close-cropped style.

He has since gone back to the dark look but it has tended to make his hair look as though it is thinning when his roots grow through.

Sir Elton John is among the famous scalps who have had hair transplants in the past, as did Frank Sinatra. Cricketer Graham Gooch has also undergone the treatment.

Back
Top Bottom