(07-09-2003) Update on Slane DVD - U2tour.de *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.u2tour.de/
Get Your Wallets Ready!

U2News has been alerted to the following information at U2tour.de:

U2tour.de got exclusive infos for the release of the Slane Castle concert of Sept 1st 2001: It will definately be released on DVD, release date is Nov. 17th 2003. So put aside some money and get ready to buy some U2 X-Mas presents for all of you and your fellas :)

Update 14:00:
We were told, that it will be the second show in its entirety on Sept. 1st 2001 (Setlist).

This is great news but I must complain. I was lucky enough to be there for Slane 1 and it was by far a better show in every way imaginable. Almost everyone in Dublin was saying the same for weeks after both shows. I would do anything to have the first show on DVD. Anyone else agree or disagree?

why is everything from Slane 2, don't get me wrong i'm super excited but what about slane 1, based on the mp3s i've heard/watched the broadcast i think slane 1 was a better show.
does anyone agree?

Main Set: Elevation, Beautiful Day, Until The End Of The World, New Year's Day, Out Of Control, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Wake Up Dead Man, Stuck In A Moment, Kite, Angel Of Harlem (full band), Desire, Staring At The Sun, All I Want is You, Where The Streets Have No Name, Mysterious Ways, Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Encore(s): Bullet The Blue Sky, With Or Without You, One, Walk On

Comments: U2 is the first artist to headline two concerts at Slane Castle in the same year. At the end of Sunday Bloody Sunday Bono reads off the names of all of the victims of the Omagh bombing. The show closes as did last week's Slane show with the Unforgettable Fire being played over the PA system with fireworks in the sky.

yabba-dabba-dooo....

this is really f****** brilliant :D

Sorry for asking this stupid question: Which show was the TV broadcast taken from?

*jumping around*

:dance: :dance: :dance:

And I just got myself a DVD-player (quite important :)!!!

the whole slane show in its entirety!!!!!
:hyper: :hyper: :combust:

i fell confindent that its true....
but i wonder where that info came from before u2tour.de got it from? and its not posted as info on the offical u2 site...

bono_man2002 said:
the whole slane show in its entirety!!!!!
:hyper: :hyper: :combust:

i fell confindent that its true....
but i wonder where that info came from before u2tour.de got it from? and its not posted as info on the offical u2 site...

From the Universal Headquarter in London. We have never got any false infos from this source!

I'm sure it will be posted on u2.com.....someday. u2news-sites always have been faster than u2.com. On ANY big news :)

--
Didi - u2tour.de

xidi said:

From the Universal Headquarter in London. We have never got any false infos from this source!

I'm sure it will be posted on u2.com.....someday. u2news-sites always have been faster than u2.com. On ANY big news :)

--
Didi - u2tour.de

good to hear!, i guess its still what, 4 months away from being released so that would be why the sites like u2.com havent posted info yet

I count 8 songs that weren't on the Boston DVD, cool!

And as to all the Slane 1 questions... they're releasing the second show because that was the one that was filmed in its entirety, and by 360 degree cameras no less. the tv broadcast was from the second show.

xidi said:

--
Didi - u2tour.de

Keep in touch, Didi! :wave:

It's really a shame that the first Slane gig on August 25th is being left out. I have been blessed with the opportunity to see more than twenty u2 shows including both Slane shows and quite honestly the 2nd show on Sept. 1st was nothing compared to he first. Don't get me wrong, it was still amazing and still very special. But how can you forget the emotion on stage that day that Bono felt who was at his fathers funeral just a day before. The words he spoke about his father just before they played "kite" or the images of his father during "One". And I'll never forget when they played " A Sort Of Homecoming". None of these unforgettable moments took place in the 2nd show a week later. Better set list, better energy and a much better show. Does anyone agree or even care?

maybe the extra songs from slane 1 could be bonus features on the dvd, hmmmmmm

Rainy Days said:
It's really a shame that the first Slane gig on August 25th is being left out. I have been blessed with the opportunity to see more than twenty u2 shows including both Slane shows and quite honestly the 2nd show on Sept. 1st was nothing compared to he first. Don't get me wrong, it was still amazing and still very special. But how can you forget the emotion on stage that day that Bono felt who was at his fathers funeral just a day before. The words he spoke about his father just before they played "kite" or the images of his father during "One". And I'll never forget when they played " A Sort Of Homecoming". None of these unforgettable moments took place in the 2nd show a week later. Better set list, better energy and a much better show. Does anyone agree or even care?

I agreee, but as I posted in EYKIW, I think the first Slane show was too close and emotional for the band to release commercially. I feel uncomfortable thinking about a company cashing in on someone's personal grief. I think the emotion of the first show is meant to stay between the band and their fans and to release it to the world would be quite insentitive.

Yeah Yeah,

Just got my 5.1 Digital Home Theater for the PC,

can't wait for this ,

A Sort of Homecoming Hope it was played full.

Someone inform me when they purchise this.

Back
Top Bottom