(07-05-2002) "Politicians don't turn me on the way music does" - HotPress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.hotpress.com

"Politicians don't turn me on the way music does"
05 Jul 2002

1632346.jpg

In answer to a fan's question in the Hot Press Mixed Grill (see current edition of HP), Bono dismisses rumours that he will run for the Irish presidency

Bono has ruled out running for the Irish Presidency.

Answering a reader's question in the current issue of Hot Press, he says: "I don't think I could live with the paycut ? or moving to a smaller house!"

He also dismissed reports of a prolonged sabbatical from U2 so that he can concentrate on political activism.

"Nothing comes close to the feeling of waking up with a melody in your head and having a band like U2 to help you capture it," he continues. "As I said at the Hot Press Awards, I don?t think of myself as a great singer but I sing from a great place. Politicians don't turn me on, the way music does. I have a lot more respect for them than I used to. They work a lot harder than I thought?but I don?t want to be one."

Ably assisted by Larry Mullen, Bono also addresses such Mixed Grill posers as "When's the new album out?"; "Did you really ride those horses in the 'New Year's day' video?"; and "What does that tattoo say on Larry's arm?"

So, off to the newsagents with you NOW!!

Back
Top Bottom