(07-04-2003) U2's Slane Gig to Be Released on DVD? - U2Achtung *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.u2achtung.com/

Slane To Finally Be Released?

According to the french fan site U2Achtung, Universal France confirmed today the release by the end of this year of the Slane Concert 2001 on DVD. No details on the specific date was made available as of yet. And, according to Universal Belgium the release would be the answer to the fans that asked for it through online petitions.

Many thanks to follower!

not saying the the boston show is bad...but it is edited and just about cut in half....
slane would be 10000 times better...the show is full of energy...as for boston..well, its good....but..not as good as slane

Woooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure hope this is a legit bit of news! I guess we will have to wait and see. I too hope its not the 1 hour version but the full length one..

Thanks for the info!

I really hope we get it, as even more the Pop Mart and Zoo TV shows from Mexico and Sydney, "Running to a stand will" form the Zoo TV of Sydney is so awesome.

Brilliant idea U2! Something for the Christmas stocking and more importantly I believe something excellent for stoking the fires for their World Tour next year. Especially if it will be primarily a stadium tour. Slane Castle was bigger than a stadium! I still believe U2 is hungry for at least one complete world tour in their career that includes Russia / India / China / Korea / South East Asia in addition to other places they have already played. Has any rock band ever done a complete world tour?

Also this is a new era / trilogy of albums for U2 and something that is different from the 90s trilogy. That is why I believe they released R&H on DVD first before ZOOTV and PopMart. They might still want some more distance from the 90s. If they release another DVD in the near future I predict it will be Under A Blood Red Sky (even the Best Of 80s Videos DVD). Like Slane Castle it?s a stripped down show. How about the ?complete? Blood Sky DVD (Out Of Control / Twilight / An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart / Two Hearts / I Fall Down) this Christmas bundled with the Slane DVD?! A limited edition one week offer with a special price for both of them together. It?s 20th anniversary of Red Rocks!

I want the Chili Peppers, too. :hyper:

(well, a girl can dream, can't she?)

Release date 17th November. Second Slane Gig in it's entirety! apparently.

u2tour.de (now up at U2log and elsewhere!) woohoo with nobs on.

joyfulgirl, do you know that chili peppers have a dvd out from there 2000 californication tour? it is called off the map.
i am very very happy they are doing this. boston dvd was great but they cut so much out of it. pride, one, mysterious ways, and more. i also couldnt get over how much the crowd was in to it on the slane broadcast special. i hope it is the entire thing.

Back
Top Bottom