(06-29-2003) It Perplexed Us Too! - Sunday People *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.people.co.uk/

SOLAR PERPLEX US

IRISH rockers U2 are said to have been left furious after hoaxers tried to convince fans they had copies of the band's new album cover. The move, discovered last week, could have damaged the launch of U2's forthcoming CD.

Posters showing 'artwork' for the new disc along with details of the title and release date were sent to a number of U2 fan websites. The posters, said to have been issued by the Irish rockers' European record label, claimed the much-awaited album was called Solar and would be released in March. But the news was dismissed as part of an elaborate hoax.

Design company Four5One, which is responsible for all of U2's artwork, said it had yet to begin work on the album cover and insisted that Solar was not even on the shortlist of possible titles. Steve Matthews, of U2's Island International record label, confirmed: "It's a complete hoax. Somebody obviously has too much time on their hands."

The news comes amid a number of recent upsets for the band.

Only last week details were revealed of a string of alleged death threats against frontman Bono over his political crusades on behalf of the world's poor. Last month the band ordered an investigation into reports that an Italian radio station had managed to obtain material from its new album. The Rome-based commercial station was said to have played snippets from several tracks on the album, although experts later questioned the credibility of such a leak.

The latest hoax comes as excitement grows about the album, which the band has been working on since December with former Sex Pistols producer Chris Thomas.

I think because usually a band has to release the album sooner if the songs leak out. (risking unfinished material that way)

I THING JUST BE CAUSE THE BAND IS THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD EVERYBODY IS JELLIOUS BUSH OF ASSHOLES. NOTTING CANT BRING THIS BAND DOWN THERE NOT COMING DOWN
THERE WILL ALWAYS STAY NUMBER 1 . :)

poor bono and his family...how tough it must be to live with death threats...when all he's trying to do is find ways to stop others from dying.

elizabeth said:
poor bono and his family...how tough it must be to live with death threats...when all he's trying to do is find ways to stop others from dying.

In het Nederlands: het is een schande het anoniem te doen.
Laat deze mensen zich ook eens bekommeren om andere mensen zoals deze man (Bono) het doet.

HelloAngel said:
"It's a complete hoax. Somebody obviously has too much time on their hands."

My little gray cells have deduced that the culprit was definitely a U2 fan.

:wink:

frio said:
I THING JUST BE CAUSE THE BAND IS THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD EVERYBODY IS JELLIOUS BUSH OF ASSHOLES. NOTTING CANT BRING THIS BAND DOWN THERE NOT COMING DOWN
THERE WILL ALWAYS STAY NUMBER 1 . :)

This is one of the best replies I have ever read...

Back
Top Bottom