(06-24-2003) U2 Artwork Is A Hoax - Hot Press *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.hotpress.com/

*Please note that Interference has never claimed Solar to be truth - we have always tagged the reports as rumored. The Team is relieved to finally have confirmation in the matter.

The rumored SOLAR isn't stellar

U2 designers Four5One and label boss deny that leaked posters for the band's new album are official

Contrary to reports that have appeared elsewhere on the net, the company responsible for all of U2's artwork, Four5One, say that they've yet to start work on the band's next album cover.

hotpress.com had sought clarification from Four5One's Stephen Averill after a number of respected fansites received promotional posters that appeared to originate from Universal/Interscope in Europe.

Along with a ball of fire image, the posters announced that the follow up to All That You Can't Leave Behind would be released on March 8 2004 in Europe and the Rest of the World and March 9 in the US.

Says Rapid: "We haven't done any work on the cover yet and Solar isn't on the possible list of titles we've been given."

Island International's Steve Matthews is even more dismissive: "It's a complete hoax. Somebody with desk-top publishing obviously has too much time on their hands."

While fans are going to have to wait a while for the new U2 cover, all the old ones are featured in a new Four5One book, Stealing Hearts At A Travelling Show. Limited to 2,000 hardback and 4,000 softback copies, it includes new interviews with Bono, Adam Clayton, Steve Averill and frequent graphic collaborator Shaughn McGrath. Copies priced ?55.50 and ?38.50 respectively are available from www.four5one.ie/form.asp

The Hot Press Newsdesk

Thanks to Amy and Mr Brau1

I'm actually not surprised that this is a hoax. It happens at least once every album. They are going to put out a new album. The question is "when". I wish it were next week, too, but it's not.
Damn.

This does give hope that the album will be released sooner then the dates on that damn poster.

originally posted by Elvis
*Please note that Interference has never claimed Solar to be truth - we have always tagged the reports as rumored. The Team is relieved to finally have confirmation in the matter.

*Waves at Elvis*

Nevermind the fact that over in the "Photo Proof" thread you were the one of the Head Honcho people that pushed the "facts" that it probably is the real deal.

originally posted by Elvis in the "Photo Proof" thread
Please understand that the only information we have is what is on the poster itself - we are not claiming anything as TRUE. We are simply here to get this information to the fans, who can then take from it what they will.

Cute edit/retraction after it was proven fake. :yes:
And "Photo Proof". So it's proof that... It's real?

originally posted by Elvis in the "Photo Proof" thread, in response to Salome's "Nine months early" question
Over a year prior to POPs release... I had pre-promo material.

Are you defending your "Photo Proof", Elvis?

its prolly not the COVER... but just a pr-promo poster... chill

But, I thought it was a fake, Elvis! Why are you saying it's probably a PR Promo poster?

like ive said... that wasnt the only thing, there was also the U2 EPK video, posters, cds, etc that came out over a year prior to the album. The first audio leaks were more than 6 months before the album. they were raw, unfinished, but real.

it is unlikely that this was design by Four5One, but instead the label.

Like how the Solar poster was raw, unfinished, but real?
Very real indeed.
And that last part. Quashing what people said about talking to Steve and Shaughn? Why? To keep trying to prove that you're right?

There is a difference between a graphic anyone can throw together as a jpg, and a full size poster... don't you think?

Usually, but I guess not in this case.
Kinko's, anyone?

I'm not saying that the poster or name or legit, but I'm also not saying they aren't.

Hope springs eternal, Elvis?
The rest of that particular post seemed a bit defensive, you know. (I felt it was a bit much to quote here.)

its not that im defensive over the poster...

Up to that point, you sounded pretty defensive of the poster.

UPDATED: Just for peoples immediate interest, I will have a crop of one of the pictures, which shows the details of the bottom right of the picture, on the server for a limited time.

To do what? Try and prove the almost legitimacy of the photos you recieved? That the Poster Person copied another promo poster obsessively?

Yeah, I know, this is long and borders on no-life loserish, and my ass is probably gonna get canned even though I do not intend to (completely ;-)) flame Elvis and felt I presented the point-by-point quotes of Elvis' defense of the poster, (Which in all honesty is what it sounded like to me) I was just so incredibly annoyed by the addendum of the "We at no time said it was official" to the Photo Proof news post, that you even changed the original title of the Photo Proof post, that, you know, I really wanted to say something.

Good night, all.
*Pines greatly for YouTwo.net*

PS. Why'd you close that thread?

Actually CMM,

Some of those are my words, don't take them out of context. I've never claimed truth - I chose to get a rumor out to fans. If you want to mock me for doing so, go for it. I won't stop you. Big deal. We posted a rumor. It has been confirmed to not have truth behind it. Big deal if people thought the poster could be real.

The point is - big deal. Move on.

CMM,

The Photo PROOF ... was of where the rumor came from... not PROOF that Solar was the name of the album.

Sounds like you've got a chip on your shoulder.

Elvis said:
CMM,

The Photo PROOF ... was of where the rumor came from... not PROOF that Solar was the name of the album.

Sounds like you've got a chip on your shoulder.

*Eats the chip*
Ew, BBQ.

Right now I just wanna know why you called it Photo Proof in the first place. First it was "Rumor of Solar" then you had "Photo Proof". In the very very very first place, you never said it was a rumor. Or am I just getting thrown by the meaning of the word "Proof"?
And why you're going through and adding to and changing what you said (like "EXCLUSIVE Photo proof" to "Solar poster is false")? It looks like you're trying to cover your tracks.

HelloAngel, I only quoted Elvis. What he said might've been in response to what you said, but I quoted no one but Elvis.

And if I have a chip on my shoulder, I just want one on the other so I'm balanced.

CMM - you're taking this entirely too literally, not to mention seriously.

On news threads, sometimes they are updated to reflect more accurate information as best we can present it to our knowledge. We did present this information as a rumor, and the 2nd photo proof thread was created when we got the pictures.

'EXCLUSIVE' was used because although the person reporting the rumor sent it to several sites, they only chose to send the pictures to Interference. Apparently a few other sites made fun of the persons English skills, where as we did not.

Your sarcasm implies that you're just looking to pick a fight.
This is no court room drama. So it ends here.

The rumor has been officially denied by more than one party, there is nothing left to discuss.

Why is there a poster? Because someone had a little too much time on their hands, and thought they'd pull a prank.

Elvis said:
CMM - you're taking this entirely too literally, not to mention seriously.

On news threads, sometimes they are updated to reflect more accurate information as best we can present it to our knowledge. We did present this information as a rumor, and the 2nd photo proof thread was created when we got the pictures.

'EXCLUSIVE' was used because although the person reporting the rumor sent it to several sites, they only chose to send the pictures to Interference. Apparently a few other sites made fun of the persons English skills, where as we did not.

Your sarcasm implies that you're just looking to pick a fight.
This is no court room drama. So it ends here.

The rumor has been officially denied by more than one party, there is nothing left to discuss.

I know the rumor has been officially denied by more than one party. I was waiting for the denial from the second I saw that you guys posted it.

I never once questioned the "Exclusive" thing because I didn't see pics anywhere else. That means it was indeed exclusive. I want to know why you called it "Photo proof".

I just want to know why you guys are changing your story about what you thought about it at first. I must not have made that clear the first couple times around.

And I'm taking it seriuosly and literally because you are. The fact that you said "We are saying this is a rumour" after it was proven a rumour, not in the first place indicates you acknowledge you were wrong in the first place, but would rather make it appear you said it all along.

Sarcasm because it's what I use. Not picking a fight, I wanted to say something how you're changing what you originally said on this. Not very professional.

CMM - we said it was a rumor from the start. Please keep in mind that there were TWO threads/news items on this topic.

I already described to you how 'proof' was used - read above.

This topic is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom