(06-16-2003) RUMOR: New U2 Album Title "SOLAR"? - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Soar said:
I think one of the leftover ATYCLB tracks was titled as ?The Sun, The Moon, And The Stars.? I?d like to see it as AB (including The Edge?s guitar solos from the ZOOTV Tour ? Mysterious Ways, Bullet, Love Is Blindness, etc.) meets Boy (Out Of Control, Tick Tock, Electric Co., etc.). ?If? ATYCLB was ?damage control? and bringing back the ?older 80s fans? then let Solar be a full throttle assault on the ?youngsters? (and everyone else too!) ATYCLB had 3 rockers (BD, Elevation, and New York) then let Solar have at least 6 rockers! Let Solar be firing on all cylinders and with guns blazing! To be on top of the world; to kick down the doors as they are inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame!

uhh, i know your excited but come on. im sure everything will work itself out.

I can see the merchandise counter ...solar condoms!

I don't know how much of this is true, but I know I am ready to see them again in 2004.

If this is true, this is much closer than we all think! Why? Because if it is scheduled for early March, the first single could be out as early as January. And you know what this means? That teasers and brief clips might have appeared on U2.com as early as November or December. And by Christmas maybe some of the songs will have leaked on MP3! So, it's only a matter of a few months! That goes if the album is released in March. If it is released earlier, maybe the first clips we'd hear could be out as early as just after summer!!!

Ok, the more I see on this, the more I say that is totally false.

This is what was recieved by U2log.com:

Hi guys, i work in Universal from Colombia and i receive today a preview od promotional poster of new album of U2 direct from ireland the new album name write n poster is SOLAR the image of poster (preview) is the Sun with a 04 red rays of then, write U2 - Solar (in stores March 08, 2004 with limited cd rest of 80-00) and is very possible this album launch in a ?the rest of 1980-2000? extra cd (limited edition) ps: this is a preview (beta poster maybe?) thanks!!! BoNoCoLomBia

First of all, there is no way that there is a promo poster for an album that isn't finished, and that is over 8 months away. Second, if the poster came from Ireland???? why would there be this information leak from the already sketchy Universal columbia guy. Third, if there is someone at Universal who is in charge of promo material for U2, they sure have better language skills than that. And fourth, the guy from four5one said in Cleveland that they hadn't started the concept work for the album cover yet because they wanted to wait until more of the album was complete.

CRAP

Last edited:
Like I said previously... RUMOR, ya'll.

RUMOR. Nothing to get crazy about. If anything, it should be fun to discuss. FUN. We all remember fun, right?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
someone on u2log also just posted this in the talkback area...

The new album is called The Ordinary Land, a person of the U2 satff has told me a few days ago.

:hmm:

MrBrau1

"If the March 9 release date is true, they might not tour in May. Leaving only 2 months between album and tour is short, especially when you consider the tix would go on sale at least 1 month before the shows. They may be fucking themselves again, like Pop, when the tour went on sale before the album came out."

I agree its good to allow some time for the album to soak up fans when you have been away for a while. Still, contrary to popular belief, the POPMART Tour is the 3rd highest Grossing Tour worldwide in history. 171 million in gross and 4 million people in attendance.

Still, I think if they do a stadium tour they will want to give themselves a couple more months before they launch the tour. But it may very well be a Arena tour or a Stadium/Arena tour. In that case, no time is really needed.

I actually think the next tour will be a Stadium/Arena mix. Stadiums in big cities to better meet the demand, while they will stick to the Arena's in the smaller and some mid-size cities.

HelloAngel said:

RUMOR. Nothing to get crazy about. If anything, it should be fun to discuss. FUN. We all remember fun, right?

Angel, I agree that its just rumor and should be taken as such...

However it was presented with the Interference stamp so to speak, as if it was a somewhat true 'news release'...so not to dog the Interference staff, but what precautions have Interference staff taken to verify the validity of the source they got it from?

Clearly we can't expect a name of the Universal contact, that is if that person wants to retain their job, but doesn't it behoove the editors to do some digging first and then be able to say, well we believe this to be true we have verified some key elements or whatever, or if its bunk just out and out say so?

Just a thought...

gabrielvox said:

Angel, I agree that its just rumor and should be taken as such...

However it was presented with the Interference stamp so to speak, as if it was a somewhat true 'news release'...so not to dog the Interference staff, but what precautions have Interference staff taken to verify the validity of the source they got it from?

Clearly we can't expect a name of the Universal contact, that is if that person wants to retain their job, but doesn't it behoove the editors to do some digging first and then be able to say, well we believe this to be true we have verified some key elements or whatever, or if its bunk just out and out say so?

Just a thought...

I totally see what you're saying..but with rumors, we just post them and let others take from it what they will. I have no further information other than what the "source" sent, unfortunately. I have no other way to verify or validate it. Which explains the Rumor tag on the news story.. thusly, people should not take it to be truth if we actually come out and say it's probably not.

womanfish said:
Ok, the more I see on this, the more I say that is totally false.

First of all, there is no way that there is a promo poster for an album that isn't finished, and that is over 8 months away. Second, if the poster came from Ireland???? why would there be this information leak from the already sketchy Universal columbia guy. Third, if there is someone at Universal who is in charge of promo material for U2, they sure have better language skills than that. And fourth, the guy from four5one said in Cleveland that they hadn't started the concept work for the album cover yet because they wanted to wait until more of the album was complete.

CRAP

There were promo clips, videos, posters, pictures, etc.. WAAAAAAY before POP was ever released.

Remember U2 EPK ? ;)

I personally LOVE the name
Solar:heart Power..there should be more of it..imho:)
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

U2- "you are my sunshine my only sunshine, you make me happy when skies are grey.."
It may only be a rumour at this stage, but it's a very pleasurable one

hang on...I just read some more posts:lmao:
"An Ordinary Land" is good too. We can all relate to that.
Whatever they end up calling it...I shall start a rumour...
U2's next album shall be a masterpiece and shall silence any critics and delight true musiclovers all over the world.
Rock on boys:)

This rumor would seem likely if Universal really is behind it all. The record company would want the band to finish the album in a certain amount of time.....throw in a bonus disc so people will buy it in the first week.....promote it way in advance......but a lot of this still seems unlikely.......I mean that tracklisting for Rest Of is quite laughable.....

HelloAngel said:

Hey, just cause I think it's a load o' crap doesn't mean it's not fun to think and talk about. :) There may be some truth somewhere in there too. Just don't know....

And I think you should definitely put out the rumors. Always fun to speculate and disect.

I'm glad it's just a rumor, because I'm still holding onto the slim hope the album will be released at the end of this year.

But I do like the title "Solar" much better than "The Ordinary Land."

Last edited:
I have another scoop...the tracks

Hi, I am an italian employee of the Universal music company. Today I
received a preview of the new U2's album directly from Forcella. The
title is "ANOTHER SOLAR", and the cover has a sun with 4 rays,
symbolizing the 4 members, the 4 cardinal points, the 4 seasons, the
four Euros that the President Sensi has to spend this year.
Take a look at the song I write under.
This is an world exclusive, so, for favour, spread the word!

First CD:
1) King of Cialtrons
2) Colombian Employee
3) Me and Paul McGuinness
4) What Do You Believe? We're Not from Venus!
5) Redburn Transfer did their job well
6) This Is Not Babyface
7) Searching with Google
8) Come In Numero 6, Your Time Is Up
9) Ataru Moroboshi (Japan Edition Only)

Second CD (The Rest of 80-00)
1) Babyface (Apollo 440 Howie B Roni Size All Together Mix)
2) Babyface (Extreme Mix)
3) Babyface (More Than Extreme Mix)
4) Babyface (Super Mega Extreme Mix)
5) Babyface (Tufello Mix)
6) Babyface (Without Hands Mix)
7) Babyface (Without Hands and Feet Mix)
8) Babyface (Without Babyface Mix)
9) Wild Honey (You Can Remix As You Please It's Horrible the Same Mix)

Ghost song: Playin with Robbie Williams

:lol:

I ran into Bono on the street in New York and we had a few pints at a bar. We got talking about the new album and he got so excited he said I just had to hear it. So we hopped on a plane to Dublin. All the rumors are true!!! It is a raw, raw album. The mother of all rock and roll!!!!!!!!!

Columbian Employee will rock your socks off.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom