(06-08-2004) U2 2004 -- Dotmusic *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 2004

U2's new album will be released before the end of the year, according to comments from their manager Paul McGuiness.

The band have been working on the long-awaited follow-up to 2000's "All That You Can't Leave Behind", for some months.

However, the record is finally said to be nearing completion, McGuiness recently commented, hinting that the album should be out by November.

The currently untitled record is believed to have been produced by Chris Thomas and Steve Lillywhite, with Universal Records big-shout Jimmy Lovine now said to be overseeing final recordings with the band in France.

Details have already emerged of numerous tracks, including "Full Metal Jacket" ? described by Bono as "the mother of all rock tunes" ? and there is also understood to be a track called "Tough" on the album, which is a tribute to Bono's father, who died in 2001.

A single is expected from the album in September, with the band said to be kicking-off a world tour in Miami in March 2005.

-- Dotmusic

I am interested to know what the new album will sound like and I am hoping that it will be better than ATYCLB. However I am one of those people who is open to experimentation so whatever U2 want to do with their next album musically, I am behind them 100%. I may not like it but I am by their side as a fan and will buy the album.

We're all so anxious to get our hands on that album; we all have been patiently :laugh: waiting for so long ... I'm sure this is going to be a good surprise. This must be a great album.:cool: It will be worth this wait. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom