(06-08-2003) Bono is a Bride's Best Friend - Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030608/capt.1055045708.turlington_people_wedding_fx101.jpg[/SIMG]

Here Comes the Bride and Bono!

As many U2 fans (and the celeb-loving press) know, Bono walked supermodel and longtime pal Christy Turlington down the aisle today in San Francisco at her wedding to actor-director Edward Burns. Bono was also on hand to provide entertainment at the wedding reception (singing, of course!). It is not yet known what songs Bono serenaded the adorable couple with - but if they are U2 fans, and let's just assume they are - I bet Bono sang "The Sweetest Thing," and possibly "All I Want Is You." Below are photos and details we have found about the wedding event.

From the San Francisco Chronicle:
Beautiful people exchange vows in private

Hotly pursued across the sometimes choppy seas of romance by a flotilla of tabloids and paparazzi in full sail, Christy Turlington, 34, and Ed Burns, 35, got married at SS Peter and Paul's Church in North Beach last night. The guest list was to have included Bono, Sting and (at least one invitee with two names) Vin Diesel.

Available details are sparse: Friday night's rehearsal dinner, for about two dozen, was in the Prosciutto Room at the North Beach Restaurant, which helped ensure the couple's privacy by making the adjacent cigar room off- limits to other clientele.

The bride's dress was by Galliano; the event planner was Laurie Arons of Sausalito; the designer was Stanlee Gatti and the reception caterer was Paula Le Duc. The reception was at the Asian Art Museum.

----------------------------

capt.1055045708.turlington_people_wedding_fx101.jpg

Singer Bono arrives for the wedding of model Christy Turlington and actor Ed Burns Saturday, June 7, 2003, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Paul Sakuma)

Last edited:
Truely the Sweetest

There can't be a better cherry on the pie than to have Bono sing at your wedding. I wonder if he sang STAY, that would be really sweet.:heart:

:laugh: Does anyone else find the photographer running through the back of that picture absolutely hilarious?

Thanks for posting those!

:)

I will have to admit I was a little envious when I read that note Saturday morning saying Bono was going to sing at the wedding.

Personally I think he should sing at mine (if we ever set a date) because it is indirectly because of U2 we are together.

Marc sang "With or Without You" at karioke the night we met(good guessing since he didn't know at the time how much I love U2's music) and has held my attention ever since.:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hopefully Bono had a chance to head down the street at some point to stop by City Lights Bookstore, the birthplace of the Beat movement. They celebrated their 50th anniversary this weekend.

Wow, Bono looks good! I love him, but I do like his hair! Oh well, good thing he didn't wear that hat, that day!! Whew! Yh, could it be that Ali is 10 feet behind, because she knows most want photos of Bono? I have seen celebs wives do this. And, lol at that photographer...ahah, didn't want your photo taken, huh?? How's it feel?? lol!

I don't think so. Ali doesn't have to walk 10 feet behind anyone and I don't think Bono entertaines such thoughts. There is as much interest in getting her picture and Bono's just by virtue of the fact her's isn't taken as much. I feel rather sorry for them, I can't imagin not being able to take the kids out for some fun without being mobbed. I like looking at the pics but I can see in his expressions at times, he's pissed. He probably has to clear the way for both of them to just get thru. Just my thoughts, however. Back to work, here comes da boss.:wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom