(06-07-2004) U2 Can Get the New Album in November - Irish Post*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Can Get the New Album in November

Ed. Note - An Interference reader has posted the following story as it appeared in the June 5th edition of the Irish Post

THE next U2 album will be released this year, according to the band's manager Paul McGuinness. He said the eagerly-awaited follow-up to All That You Can't Leave Behind will hit the shops in November. But he played down speculation that the band would embark on another huge stadium world tour.

He said: "In the case of U2, it's more a function of what kind of music they want to do, rather than what kind of box-office gross they want to achieve. "Certainly playing indoors is much easier, and the logistics are much more controlled. "If you're going to take the audience to a big outdoor event, you'd really have to be doing something very, very good, and we would take that responsibility very seriously. "If we decide to go outdoors, it will be because it's worth doing something on a grand scale."

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/

Many thanks to cseggleton!

I don't think he "played down speculation that the band would embark on another huge stadium world tour". He just said that in case they do a stadium tour they'll need something big and interesting like their other stadium tours. I still think this new tour will have many stadium dates.

Is it November yet?! :hyper:

I have NEVER looked forward to November before in my LIFE.

My husband's not exactly a fan - he tolerates my little obsession, although he has admitted recently to actually liking several of their songs since being, shall we say, subjected to many road trips with nothing on the radio but my CD collection. :lol:

Anyway, his birthday's in November - so guess what he's getting this year? MY next U2 album!!!! :lmao:

i swear that article is suggesting that the new music isnt good enough to yield a stadium tour, is it just me?

t8thgr8 said:
i swear that article is suggesting that the new music isnt good enough to yield a stadium tour, is it just me?

I had the opposite feeling...
Maybe U2 just want to be sure to be ready for the great event, and so avoid problems in their future performances.

I live near to a stadium (just a few km) and I hope U2 will have the opportunity to perform there! (Also because it's a very nice place!)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

And, moreover, I was born in November, so...

My take on this is that U2 want to wait and see. They would rather release the album and then from there decide how well its selling, the fan interest, and the likely hood of how well a tour would do depending on Stadium or Arena and judge from there. If everything goes good it will deff a stadium / arena tour.

t8thgr8 said:

It's just you. :) My take is the opposite. After the last tour, which was hugely successful and a return to basics, I would imagine U2's inclination is to keep it simple and keep it indoors. It carries less baggage, both figuratively and literally; you're not leaving yourself open to criticism from the purists who despise stadiums; the sound is better, the rapport is better, the cost is better...and, as Paul says, it's just easier.

However, the music in this album just might be "big" enough to justify a stadium tour and the band is considering it. We all know how much Bono loves the epic statement.

But I thought the music was supposed to be simple, guitar-driven rock and roll like the White Stripes, BRMC, etc. If that's the case, it belongs indoors IMO.

From what I've read, the next album is going to be big and loud and brash (at least in comparison to ATYCLB) and will more likely than not warrant a stadium tour.

Last tour, U2 did closeness and sincerity.
I'm guessing this next tour is going to be a larger than life spectacle (if Edge is going to be playing like a "madman", he's going to need a lot of elbow room ;) ).

I VOTE FOR INDOOR CONCERTS!

:yes:

Personally, I am not interested in "glitz and glamour" at a U2 concert - I am MUCH MORE interested in making that personal connection with their music, their message and themselves.:up: :hug:

For me, that connection is much harder to do in an outdoor stadium.

I hope that U2 are listening....:wave: :wink:

I think they haven't decided yet, either. Depends on the album's sound and how well it will do.

mAYBE the locations for the concerts depend also in how they will make the studio version during the live -- I'm thinking about the problems they have with the song of the UF

Anyway, I just hope they'll start touring! And get as near to me as possible!!!

"And I'm waiting for U....2!!!":wink:

MissMaCo said:
My birthday's in November so I already know what I'll get !
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Marie:dance: :dance: :dance:

Me too!!
But I have this VERY personal relationship with U2... No one ever bought me some of their cds... Just me!!
And, I like this, even if it's quite expensive!!!

i read that Chris Martin of Coldplay, once he found out U2, used to buy one of their cd, more or less one for month!
It's exactly what I did --- I was studying and I was always short of money, but U2 came first!!

Back
Top Bottom