(05-30-2003) Vote U2 For MTV Greatest Albums - MTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
(05-30-2003) Vote U2 For MTV Greatest Albums - MTV *

http://www.mtv.com/

U2 Albums Up Among 22 Greatest

This fall, MTV will premiere MTV2 Presents 22 Greatest CD's , and U2's The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are among the stiff competition to land in the 22 designated "Greatest" albums. The list is long for the given nominees, but MTV has allowed for write-in candidates.

Notable competitors for the poll are: A Tribe Called Quest, Alanis Morissette, Beastie Boys, Beck, Bjork, Eminem, Foo Fighters, Jane's Addiction, Madonna, No Doubt, OutKast, Pearl Jam, Radiohead and REM, and of course, many many others.

Click on over to: http://www.mtv.com/onair/mtv2/22_greatest/cds/index.jhtml
and cast your vote!

hasn't the human race spent altogether too much time in the last five to ten years making lists? Rolling Stone, NME, Q, BBC, VH1 MTV, Muchmusic, and on and on; all of them have these "definitive greatest" lists. Hell, VH-1 is just one long clip-driven list show after another. Subjectivism kills. Why can't people just make better crap rather than spend all their time deciding which crap that has already been made deserves "position #5." Morons.

You are right, aerofault, with respect to VH1 being clip-driven, but I still have a chance to give an opinon. So shut up already, or go express. I have had profound expierences during both JT & AB.(not to mention ATYCLB. It ALL mean's a great deal to me. I will express it gladly when it comes to U2 and their music. Even if I don't frequent the channel that much. I find the best and leave the rest alone. I also wonder why something better can't be made. Duh, it's an industry thing. The latest but not necessairly, the greatest gets put on. Untill someone with enough money to compete comes along, then I'm afraid this is all that can be expected. Sometimes I feel these "greatest" polls are fashioned to find out who should be put on. So all the more reason to vote, for something other than the mainstream clip driven, shit. However, when U2 releases their new album, I want it to be there. So I'll keep going there.

Is this real? Each time you vote, you hit Vote, Back, Vote, Back, Vote, Back, all day you can vote endlessly if you want to and each time you vote it says: Your Vote Has Been Counted, thanks for voting....

VH1 has done lists on rocks greatest asses, hair, pets. MTV2 is doing on on rocks fugliest stars. I think these people all need to get real jobs.

Back
Top Bottom